Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,170   Online: 1097

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: welcome back...

Shooter
    Multi Format

welcome back...

Welcome back to you New Englanders who went to Toronto! Hopefully, we'll have full reports w/images on our desks before the end of the day!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B.
    Welcome back to you New Englanders who went to Toronto! Hopefully, we'll have full reports w/images on our desks before the end of the day!

Thanks for the welcome home Drew!

I am still recovering from our trip, but I can report that Suzanne and I had a beautiful drive to/from Toronto, with good weather, only one minor "delay" in the city, and the hotel was comfortable and convenient, with great coffee and restaurants nearby. I enjoyed 3 workshops: Solarization with Bob Carnie, and Lith 1 & 2 with Tim Rudman, and I am feeling inspired beyond all expectation. The conference was a total immersion experience, worth all the time & money & energy to attend, and I wish that more NEAPUG-ers attended!!!

I look forward to seeing everyone, especially Suzanne, Peter, Art, and Evan (a new APUG-er from the Berkshires), at our next NEAPUG gathering, where we can share more about our experience!!!

Blessings, Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the mention, Krystyna!
    My take was the same as yours: a total immersion (I took 5 workshops!), and a great meeting opportunity for film folks to get together.

How do I get on the mailing list for the NE meetings? I can't go to them all the time, but would like to pop in occasionally if they're in the Springfield area, which is about an hour+ drive for me.

Keep in touch!
    Evan

-----------------------------------------------------------
    The conference was a total immersion experience, worth all the time & money & energy to attend, and I wish that more NEAPUG-ers attended!!!

I look forward to seeing everyone, especially Suzanne, Peter, Art, and Evan (a new APUG-er from the Berkshires), at our next NEAPUG gathering, where we can share more about our experience!!!

Blessings, Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just check in at the New England section under Community - Regional Groups - New England. If someone's doing something, there's usually a thread with info. Or if you want to ask ppl to go shoot with you, you can start one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Evan
    PM me your e-mail address and I'll add you to the list and try to keep you up to date.
    I'm here in Springfield and would love to meet you. I am involved with the Valley Photo Center located in Tower Square.
    How about an outing for some photogying?

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    Evan
    PM me your e-mail address and I'll add you to the list and try to keep you up to date.
    I'm here in Springfield and would love to meet you. I am involved with the Valley Photo Center located in Tower Square.
    How about an outing for some photogying?

gene
    Evan, glad you found us here, keep checking in! Cheers, Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The conference and beyond...!

Quote Originally Posted by JustK
    Evan, glad you found us here, keep checking in! Cheers, Krystyna

Hi Krystyna (and NE puggers,

Didn't take too long to connect with the NE postings.

I have to poke around the APUG sites some more to figure out how to post pictures. I will have some Kodak CN400 film ready today from the processing lab nearby, which they also scanned onto a CD, so I can start emailing or posting some images from the conference. If you want to pm me your email address, I know I can send them out that way. If you don't, then eventually I will be posting some pix on the APUG gallery site, as soon as I can!

Since I don't have my darkroom put together yet in this new (but very OLD) house, I find it convenient to shoot CN400 B&W film, which is processed as C-41 like color print film. The CD scans let me see the images immediately on the computer or for emailing, and then I have the negs for later use in the darkroom. The film is amazingly quite grainless, too!

Bye for now...

Evan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Evan,
    Please post your images in the conference gallery many of us non NE people would love to see them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Images from the conference...

Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Evan,
    Please post your images in the conference gallery many of us non NE people would love to see them.

Hi John!

Well, my local lab wasn't able to print my cross-processing negs... the computer control wouldn't recognize the film as a viable print film medium. I am, however, able to take a digital (did I just hear thunder and lightning rumbling over the horizon?) picture, bring it into PhotoShop and come up with an acceptable positive image, certainly good enough to post on the site for you. Might be interesting for all to see what I could do in a 3 block area of the conference!

I'll be getting them together in the next week or so. The B&Ws will be available to me late this afternoon, and I can post some images later this weekend. I just have to figure out how to do that!

keep in touch.

Evan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

new to NE APUG region...

Quote Originally Posted by winger
    Just check in at the New England section under Community - Regional Groups - New England. If someone's doing something, there's usually a thread with info. Or if you want to ask ppl to go shoot with you, you can start one.

What's ppl?

Evan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin