Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,992   Online: 833

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    And I am learning to walk with a cane....grrrrr.....

On the other hand, I unexpectedly made someone's day yesterday by giving them a print (from one of my negatives, but the print wasn't made by me). The payment was a big hug. :-)

Also am preparing for my talk on pinhole photography for the Assabet Valley Camera Club June 7. The last time I gave a talk there was a near-riot :-o
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    Anybody doing any photogy on Sat or Sun of the Memorial Day weekend? Anybody like to get together for some photogy? Any suggestions for locations?
    The water level at the Quabbin will be VERY high after all this rain... not to mention the flying, little nasties that consider insect repellent as seasoning.
    Just gotta quench the need to expose some film.

gene
    Hi Gene,
    I sent you a PM about going this Sunday. I will bring my 8X10 (Calumet C-1). I can't think of any good locations but am willing to try the Quabbin (even with the high water level).

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John
    How did your back survive from lugging that monster through the woods at the Quabbin??
    Thanks for the company, I enjoyed it very much. Let's hope for a drought ( ) this summer so that the water level is down to 300 billion gallons.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    John
    How did your back survive from lugging that monster through the woods at the Quabbin??
    Thanks for the company, I enjoyed it very much. Let's hope for a drought ( ) this summer so that the water level is down to 300 billion gallons.

gene
    It was a great time Gene. I will be back again..hopefully we can see more of the boulders and rocks with the lower water levels.

My back is OK but my shoulder was sore from resting the tripod on it. I will have to bring a piece of foam next time.. my folded dark cloth helped a bit. The C-1 with the berlebach tripod weighs about 21 pounds. I am glad it is the "lighter" magnesium model.

I have two of the 6 8X10 negs developed and they look very good. Once I get them printed, I will post some photos.

Thanks for showing me some of the good photo spots and I hope we (and more NE APUGers) can get together again.

--John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin