Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,316   Online: 922

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Memorial Day weekend

Anybody doing any photogy on Sat or Sun of the Memorial Day weekend? Anybody like to get together for some photogy? Any suggestions for locations?
    The water level at the Quabbin will be VERY high after all this rain... not to mention the flying, little nasties that consider insect repellent as seasoning.
    Just gotta quench the need to expose some film.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't know if it will still be standing by Memorial Day, but the old roller coaster at the now-closed Whalom Park in Lunenburg is a great subject for pinhole photography. (The property is surrounded by a chain link fence with lots of warning signs - with a pinhole you can get the fence, the threatening signs ("Private Property"), and the distant rollercoaster all in "focus".) Makes for a very moody shot, will remind you of the opening of "Citizen Kane".

(I am attempting to recover from aches and pains in my feet/ankles/knees which have pretty much debilitated me.....hope to return to shooting soon....)
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hahn
    Don't know if it will still be standing by Memorial Day, but the old roller coaster at the now-closed Whalom Park in Lunenburg is a great subject for pinhole photography. (The property is surrounded by a chain link fence with lots of warning signs - with a pinhole you can get the fence, the threatening signs ("Private Property"), and the distant rollercoaster all in "focus".) Makes for a very moody shot, will remind you of the opening of "Citizen Kane".

(I am attempting to recover from aches and pains in my feet/ankles/knees which have pretty much debilitated me.....hope to return to shooting soon....)
    Bill, I hope you are feeling better soon.

I remember taking the kids to Whalom a couple of years before it closed. It must be a sad sight now.. I would love to get permission to photograph the coaster from the inside with the 8X10.

Gene, I would love to go but I have only Mondays and Tuesdays off. I am finally, (after 5 years) off the night shift and on to days so that is an improvement. I am itching to get out with the C-1 and shoot!

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gene, I'll be on the motorcycle to DC that long weekend, so can't make it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    John,

Whalom Park is soon to be replaced by condos, expect traffic on 117 to be even worse soon. It is a sad sight - with a little imagination you can hear the shouts of children and the noise of the roller coaster. Many locals stopped by to chat and give me stories as I was photographing there....

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by JHannon
    Bill, I hope you are feeling better soon.

I remember taking the kids to Whalom a couple of years before it closed. It must be a sad sight now.. I would love to get permission to photograph the coaster from the inside with the 8X10.
    --John
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't go. I'll be down in NYC for the long weekend.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    it would be cool to get out and blast through some film, but this weekend is going to be a bad one for travelling. something about all the flatlanders clogging up our roads in maine and nh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'd be welcome to swing by my place, Gene. No bugs on any of the mugs here.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A few lf'ers are heading out to central Utah for a shoot of rocks and trees. If anyone is interested in meeting up, send me a message.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have a great holiday weekend everyone! If I could find a way to get all my equipment onto this stripped down scooter...I would bring things along...but alas there will be no photography for me till Tuesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin