Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,696   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yeah I like the idea of pushing one sheet and check to see if I like the result. I shot 6 sheets before I realized my mistake. Like Bill said, I was talking to a friend at the bar abt common mistakes with LF, and that is when it struck me! After I shot the polariod ... I did not change the ISO setting on the meter!!!! DOH!!! It is like a $25 mistake :-) but I have a bunch of MF shots to back up my LF shots... so I think I am ok there... I was a little dissapointed with acadia subject wise, I think I got spoiled by the NPs out west.

But I drove through the East MA coast/cape Main, NH and VT and west MA in 3 days and shooting 6 hours a day. Some of my best shots so far are on polariod 53.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having grown up and lived in Maine all my life I'm familiar with Acadia. I'm sure it doesn't stack up to the parks out west for sheer knee-buckling awe. But you have to remember it was designed and created during the Gilded Age by the Rockefellers and their ilk. It's a "gentlemen's" National Park, easily accessible and genteel.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's probably cold comfort at this point, but if anyone still has my handout from the March workshop at the VPC, please refer to item number 6, which warns about this mistake. (In all capital letters, I might add.)

There's a wonderful video about Rondal Partridge, Imogen Cunningham's son and assistent to both Ansel Adams and Dorothea Lange before he was 20. In it he says (I'm quoting from memory) "You learn in photography by making mistakes. When you make the mistake the second time, you know you're learning. And when you make it the third time....(starts laughing)."
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy
    Manjo... you just HAVE to go back to Acadia NP!! That's my advice!!

NEAPUG field trip!!! Manjo needs our support!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should say thanks you to jamesg/billh who introduced me to polariod 53 film. Most of my best shots from acadia were polariods. I showed them to a friend of mine and he bought 10 of my photos from me. He offered me $10 a piece, I would have given it to him anyways, but 100 bucks went a long way to cover for the 100F lost due to my mistakes.

I gave 2 of my underexposed shots to newtonville camera store for processing, and told them its a 100F exposed at 800. I will know on wed how they turn out.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin