Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,287   Online: 806

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Suzanne,

What's the latest on this?

BTW, rereading my post, it sounds like I would do ALL of that. Actually, I'd only do one of the three - I prefer to do the Polaroid transfers. They were just suggestions.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bumping this...

Would Saturday August 19th work for folks? Or is it too close to the planned show (and opening on August 27th) at Whitey's school? I was thinking, if anyone is doing the fine focus workshop the weekend before, and are still in New England this might be a great way to meet more APUGgers! If summer is just too busy, then we can move it back to some time later in the fall. Also, we need to see if the darkroom is available that day at Whitey's school. If not, I think I may be able to find one in north central Massachusetts. Let's see if there's enough interest/participants!!

I'm thinking, the photogram demo with Gene's friend, a polaroid transfer demo with Art, and a pt/pd demo with... well, not sure yet!!

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That weekend is one of the few that's good for me. I'm in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I set a date of Aug 12 for drop off of work at the VPC for the NE-APUG show at Whitey's school, then the 19th would be OK. Otherwise I think we should get a list of available dates from Whitey and go from there.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    I may be going to see Grandma in Santa Fe after the Fine Focus August workshop, but depending on dates, I'd be happy to bring my paper/developer exercise for folks to see. If you've all seen it, I won't be insulted if no one wants a rerun, just say so.

I tested 12 b&w papers in 12 different developers using 2 different development times, and have 4 4-inch binders of the test prints. Articles were in View Camera a couple years ago, but I do an exercise where you look thru my work and choose your own favorite. It's a lot of fun, and useful.

I always look forward to our workshops. We have at least 1 alum returning in August, which is flattering and fun. I know what kinds of work he's been doing, but I haven't seen recent examples. I look forward to his print review.

I'll stay tuned on dates. Hope I can make it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to be a mystery man here...
    I have to check a few things first to see about dates. The school has the entire arts facility taken over for much of the summer and I can't check any dates until this week. I also have a possible personal conflict for the 19th myself.

Time to check other spots, Suzanne? I'll get info in as soon as I have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First, Bruce... thanks for the offer! That sounds like an excellent demo.

Whitey... can you just check the schedule, and post dates that would work for the school? I'm sure posting that information next week will be fine. Then we can see who might be around! We certainly want to see YOU there!!

If we have trouble coordinating with Belmont Hill, then I will inquire at Groton School and Lawrence Academy near me. Groton has a nice darkroom, but I haven't seen LA's. Or if anyone else in New England knows of a school or public darkroom that we can use for free, or nearly free!!

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find myself slowly getting back into this photography thing... Although I don't have a ton of interest in darkroom processes right now...I will keep a watch on dates and subject matter to come and watch the participants. Hmmm, maybe I'll move off-cape to be able to even have a darkroom....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just want to say thanks to everyone who is working on this next darkroom workshop, it means a great deal to me to be part of this group of committed B & W and darkroom enthusiasts, I am looking forward to hearing about dates for everything, and please keep in mind the Vermont Center for Photography exhibit and talk about Fred Picker on Thursday, August 17, if anyone is interested we can carpool from Springfield.

Blessings to All,
    Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All,

Well it turns out that the 19th will not work with the school's schedule. Whitey suggested we try Saturday August 26th. We can make it an all APUG weekend in Belmont, as the show will have it's opening on the 27th. Whitey and Gene plan to hang on the 26th, so we may be able to offer assistance. (Get the show hung quickly so they can paricipate in some of the darkroom demos!!)

Gene is checking with his friend for the photogram demo if this date works.

So... quick show of hands, will Saturday, August 26th work?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin