Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,470   Online: 943

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Darkroom Workshop in NE?

New England APUGgers,

I've decided it's time to start planning another get together/workshop for our region! This time, in the darkroom!

Papagene has a friend who makes marvelous photograms, and he has agreed to give a demonstration. I would like to find someone local to give perhaps a pt/pd demonstration, (Peter Schrager???) or other non-silver processes... VDB, cyanotype, whatever. Any other ideas for demos??

Let's start with firming up a date... sometime over the summer, or would early fall be better? We can probably use the darkroom at Whitey's school in Belmont, but if not, I will be calling around to a few more schools that I know have darkrooms ti find out if we can borrow (or rent?) them for a Saturday session.

The floor is open... any thoughts on dates, and any other demos?

Thanks!!
    ~Suzanne

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Suzanne,

Far be it for a guy from Richmond, VA to suggest a date, but Richard Ritter mentioned a few days ago that there is a Fred Picker exhibit scheduled for a Brattleboro, VT gallery in August. There is also a Fine Focus Workshop (Richard Ritter, Ted Harris and Bruce Barlow) scheduled for August 11th-13th. It would definitely be worth the trip from Richmond, VA if your event coincided with the Picker exhibit and Fine Focus Workshop, say Sunday August 6th........ unless the Picke exhibit is after August 13th, then perhaps Saturday August 19th may be better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up on that! It'd be great to coordinate with any APUGger's travelling to the incredibly beautiful New England area over the summer (a perfect time to visit, btw, )

I'll look into that Picker exhibit. And, those Fine Focus workshops look great, too, btw. Ted and Bruce came to our last big NE get together, and are excellent instuctors!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Suzanne, here is the link for the Fine Focus workshops.

http://www.finefocusworkshops.com/

I would like to attend one this year. There seems to be very few workshops in the NE area.

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tell ya Suzanne, you're in the running to organize the next APUG Conference...you keep saying no, but.... you know you want to....LOL

I'm in. When, where, whaddaya want me to do?

I have equipment to demo polaroid transfers. Students would just need to bring a slide - either 35mm or 120. I'll bring the rest - paper and film. Well, maybe I'll take up a collection for the film! No darkroom required, just a dark room.

I am by no means an expert on PT printing, but I've been cranking these puppies out like sweat lately. I can demo a very basic, probably chaulk full of mistakes PT printing as well. I have a very portable UV unit as well. We can all chip in for the PT Printing Kit from Photographer's Formulary and some decent paper. Doesn't really need a darkroom, just a dark room.

Also, if I can get some new Ilfochrome developer kit, I can bring my Jobo and show some Ilfochrome printing as well. Need a darkroom with a dichromatic colour head. Students will need to bring slides - 35mm and also chip in on the Ilfochrome paper.

Just some thoughts.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I signed up for the August zone system workship with Richard. I am concerned, however, that he has not answered my last two e-mails and has failed to deliver on a small part that I ordered. Is he OK? Does anyone know if there are some problems, either personal or otherwise, that he may be dealing with? I am just concerned because he has maintained good communication prior to that.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format
    I see Richard posted here last on June 3rd. I just saw him in late May at the Fine Focus Workshop. I'm sure he is fine.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I received a private message from Richard. Seems his phone line has been down for most of the past week. Richard has a quaint home situated in Vermont's God's Country and when something like the phone line goes down, it can take a little time before things get squared away.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm interested in getting together for some darkroom fun, thanks Suzanne and Art! Let me know what I can do to help! Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lith printing might be something to add to the possibilities list.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin