Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,279   Online: 854

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep 'em coming folks! This could be great!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    And finally, I think Whitey means APUG Subscribers AND Members. And those APUG'ers from NJ and NY who have attended events at the VPC are welcome.
    gene
    Whitey, Gene...
    Thanks for extending the invite to NJ APUGers. I am definitely interested in being involved and can, and will, submit two b&w framed 13x15" photos. I would also like to attend the opening if you plan on having a formal opening night. I'll be traveling to Maine for a workshop in mid-July and can possible drop the photos off in VPC. I will just need to know if someone (Papagene) will be there at the time I will be coming through.
    I'll stay active in this thread.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I signed up via Whitey's link. Now I just have to choose which prints! That's not the easy part.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    Now I just have to choose which prints! That's not the easy part.
    I know... I always have a stock of framed images to send to exhibitions, but when the show is not juried, I tend to like to send more experimental work (that would not be a good choice if the show was juried)... so I'll continue to experiment...

One sad thing is that I just found out that I can't attend the opening reception (I'm booked to shoot in that weekend). If there's a post-opening, take-down, or whatever, please let me know!

PS thanks everyone involved for managing the show!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm also in, and having the same delicious dilemma as my esteemed colleagues. I think I will try some new things, provided I have enough time to fine-tune my experiments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if this printer I'm using doesn't work out (ie. he does a crappy job) do any of you from new england, know someone I can send some negs to for enlarging?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How many people around here have this problem? (lack of quality printers)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't even think there is a printer, let alone a quility printer, within 30 miles of my house. I just print my own. The local minlab just started doing real black and white film developing, but they still print on color paper with the Agfa minilab machine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B.
    if this printer I'm using doesn't work out (ie. he does a crappy job) do any of you from new england, know someone I can send some negs to for enlarging?
    Not sure what you plan to enlarge, Drew, but if it's b/w, then you might try Gene's friend who owns Dark Horse Photographics in Florence, MA. It's exclusively b/w processing and printing, and they offer fiber based prints!

If it's color, Dorian Color Lab in Arlington is pretty good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B.

drew -

is it color or black and white you want to get printed ?

just wonderin'

-john
    im empty, good luck

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin