Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,103   Online: 800

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

NE APUG Photo Show August 27 - September 24

So, lets actually have this show I've been talking about!

The dates are in the title, the place is the Landau gallery at Belmont Hill School, a professional gallery in a school setting. It's open to the public, the work will be seen by every student and parent at the school and every admission tour starts at the gallery. We have 6 to 7 shows each year, two of which are generally photography,though not all film. In the past we have had shows by Tom Magno and Jim Dow.

The school is just off Rt 2 about 8 miles from downtown Boston, on public transport and only about a mile from the end of the "T" at Alewife. There are good walls, a great lighting system and the work is insured while it is at the school. Sales are direct to you and, while we don't get a commission, we do expect that if you sell a lot of work you will make a donation to the school. (Charitable contribution, with a formal acknowledgment from the school) We'll have a big party/reception on the 27th to kick it off and maybe a take-down dinner at the end if I can work out the details.

The basics are simple. This show is being produced in collaboration with papagene and the Valley Photo Center. Drop-off dates are still being arranged, but, with Gene's permission, those of you in the western parts will be able to drop off up to two works with him in Springfield. Those who can make it to Belmont can drop off the work at the school. We cannot ship work back to you. It must be picked up, though some short term storage is possible. Two works max and we'll try to hang it all. There is no jury on this one, give us what you got.

This show is open to New Englands photographers. For our purposes, that means you actually live here or have somehow found yourself at one of Gene's VPC workshops in the last few years. New England is sometimes only a state of mind.

Oh... and you should be an APUG subscriber, but that goes without saying, doesn't it?

I've started an info page on the school website, available here. The page has a form that you can fill out to get on the mailing list and a link to the submission form that should accompany each photo.

Sorry, Ed... school building and all... no nudes. Color, B&W, alternative process, whatever.... just don't make it or print it digitally for this one.

Come on, join in. This should be fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool!! So glad to see this thread! Thank you Whitey and Gene for all the work and organizing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey gang... let's put on a great show!!
    Wait a minute... I sound way too much like Andy Rooney. :rolleyes:
    Seriously folks, this is a great opportunity to see each other's work and have a grand get together.
    If you live closer to the western end of the region please PM me about drop off dates and times.
    And finally, I think Whitey means APUG Subscribers AND Members. And those APUG'ers from NJ and NY who have attended events at the VPC are welcome. Oh, and there is this guy from Indiana who wandered around the Quabbin and Bear's Den last year with Whitey and I...

Looking forward to seeing some GOOOOOOOOOOOD (Analog) photos!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This sounds great Whitey...I can only hope to find a professional darkroom before then...or maybe I'll just come and view the show. drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Whitey,

I'll have two pics. I'll drop'em off with Gene, when I pick up my two I have at the VPC show. Sounds great.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nd finally, I think Whitey means APUG Subscribers AND Members. And those APUG'ers from NJ and NY who have attended events at the VPC are welcome. Oh, and there is this guy from Indiana who wandered around the Quabbin and Bear's Den last year with Whitey and I...
    Ya! What he said!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i am assuming the photos have to be matted and framed, 4x5 polariods allowed ?
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Manjo... if they are matted and framed and ready to hang, then they are more than welcome. I would love to see them.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    Manjo... if they are matted and framed and ready to hang, then they are more than welcome. I would love to see them.

gene

Hi Gene and Whitey!

What a great opportunity, and thank you both! I just registered at the school website and will submit two framed photos for the show, please let me/us know when you would like them at the Valley Photo Center.

This is going to be way cool!!!
    Looking forward to seeing everyone (and their work) soon!!!
    Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    i am assuming the photos have to be matted and framed, 4x5 polariods allowed ?
    More than welcome, manjo. The variety of this show will be one of its great draws. I'm really looking forward to this. Unlike you folks, I'll get to live with it for a month as I work a few feet from the gallery!

As for matting... I don't want to crimp people's style, I just want Gene and I to have a reasonable time in hanging it. Let's just say that they have to be ready to hang.

Come one, come all!

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin