Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,902   Posts: 1,584,547   Online: 1020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm definitely interested, which ain't news. I wouldn't even mind travelling to the VPC to use it, if Gene is still interested in that. (I would expect to use it probably at most once or twice a year.)
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They were asking $550 for the century, but I suspect they will take significantly less. There is a very limited market for such a thing, and it's far too enourmous and heavy to move on ebay.

The glass on the 5x7 back is in good shape, but I didn't see any glass on the 8x10. The lens was surprisingly fast (4.5), but was branded by a Lexington, MA company I had never heard of (something Precision, I think). There were some glass plate holders and at least one 8x10 film holder. Bellows looked to be in decent shape, but I did not do a flashlight inspection.

Suzanne, the owner's wife remembers you, do you have contact info for her, now that the store is closed?

VPC is too far from Boston for me to be interested, should it take up residence there. I don't know how feasible it would be for it to move from owner to owner on a monthly (or quarterly) basis, given its size. Others who have moved such beasts (Whitey?) might know better. Are there any options for its housing in metro Boston?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin