Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,689   Online: 722

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there a place on APUG where calls for entries for juried shows can be found? Should there be?

How about broader art shows where photography is accepted?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump...

Also, the openng of this show will be part of the Lowell Photography Weekend, Nov. 11-12th. Details here. I'm sure a few exhibits will have d*g*t*l images, too.

Maybe we can organize a small get-together in Lowell that weekend?
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 10-12-2006 at 06:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    BTW ...

I visited the Brush Gallery a couple of days ago. Seems like a *class* operation. I'm going to submit a few photographs ... Figure studies and possibly others. Apparently there are no severe restrictions on style or content.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thinking of going to the opening, so I'm game for a get-together. Can we make it the day of the opening?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy View Post
    Bump...
    Sorry...but, with this feeble mind, I'm not able to figure out what bump means.??!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    Sorry...but, with this feeble mind, I'm not able to figure out what bump means.??!!
    Bump, as in "Bump this to the top of the (New Posts) list"

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy View Post
    Bump...

Also, the openng of this show will be part of the Lowell Photography Weekend, Nov. 11-12th. Details here. I'm sure a few exhibits will have d*g*t*l images, too.

Maybe we can organize a small get-together in Lowell that weekend?
    I SHOULD be clear for those days.... and I'd love to attend.

Suggestion: The Atrium in the Cafe' of the Lowell Textile Museum - across the street and "down a ways" (telltale New England expression). Alcohol-less, but really good food with a great atmosphere.

BTW ... the Rules for THIS exhibition (there will be others in Lowell) expressly EXCLUDE ALL digital images and digital manipulation ( ???? - just discovered the double entendre' ...):

From the Brush Prospectus:

"Work will be judged from prints. prints must be on RC or fiber paper and not mounted or framed.

Black and white photographs only. Toning is permitted.

No digital may be used in any part of the creation of the work..."
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the clarification, Ed. There will be several photography exhibits and talks that weekend in Lowell at several different venues. Some of those exhibits will include d*g* stuff, but the Brush exhibit, is, as you say, all black and white prints, no digital! Yay!

Having suggested a get together, there's a chance I will be away that weekend, but I'm not sure yet!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I drove to the Brush Gallery in Lowell today, and submitted four (4) prints for the "lottery", hoping that, with luck, I'll reach someone with a similar aesthetic appreciation of my work. A $15 per each gamble.

Has anyone else here entered?

Anyone care to meet, if not at the Textile Museum Atrium Cafe', somewhere else on the opening days, Saturday, November 11th, or Sunday, the 12th?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I drove up to Lowell yesterday and entered 4 as well. I'd be game to meet on the 11th. I got sorta lost (well, just went in a few extra circles) and saw some possible places to shoot, too. Or just hang out at the cafe across the street from the visitor's center.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin