Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,952   Online: 790

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Springfield is kinda in the place Lowell was. And I hope that the powers that be actually talk to some of us artists this time instead of ignoring us like they did in the early 80's and mid-90's.
    A funny thing happened after ZONE Art Center folded in 1995, a group of civic leaders put together a commission on the arts to help the city's image. A couple of former ZONE-ites were there for some of the meetings.
    The leaders of the commission said "We need a place that does this sort of art thing." The former ZONE-ites said "You had it - it was called ZONE!"
    The commission "Well we need another space that does this..."
    Response form the ZONE-ites "You had it - it was called ZONE!"
    The commission said "Well then, we need..."
    ZONE-ites "You had it - it was called ZONE!"
    This went on a couple more times with the same response from the ZONE-ites. Well can ya guess how much the commission learned from this and tried to get back what they once lost???
    Nada... Nil...Zilch... Nuttin... ZZZZZZZeeeeeerrrrroooooooooo!
    I hope history doesn't repeat itself, 'cause I don't want to be around a second time to close the doors on another wonderful arts organization!!
    Last edited by papagene; 11-15-2006 at 06:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin