Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,584   Posts: 1,545,794   Online: 1101

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Call for Photographers

Found this ad today!

Photo 2006
    Black and White Classic
    Juried Photography Show

Black and White Only... No Digital
    Presented by the Brush Gallery
    Lowell, MA

details here:
    http://www.thebrush.org/

Although I hate to give myself more competition, and I'll be bummed if I don't make the cut, I think we should all enter!!! I certainly plan to!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for posting this Suzanne.

If a good portion of APUG members support contests like these by entering, it sends a loud and clear message to the photo community at large. I, for one will enter, I hope I make the cut too!!

The rules, etc. for the call to entry are here:

http://www.thebrush.org/Photo2006/

One suggestion: Having volunteered to help process submisions for the state fair where I live, you would be amazed at the percentage of disqualifications because of photographers ignoring, or failing to read simple entry guidelines.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It looks like a great contest. It's too bad that if you are accepted, the works have to be hand delivered - that'll keep me from entering. But good luck, Suzanne - I hope you make it.

Peter
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's why I put this in the regional area. It may be hard for folks beyond New England to manage it, but I would agree with Jason... the more great work we can get "out there" the better for traditional processes!

Of course, it'll be hard enough with other APUGgers from New England entering, nevermind the rest of APUG!!
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 09-04-2006 at 04:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: my typing fingers move faster than my brain! :p

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for pointing us to this one, Suzanne. Whether mine get in or not, I'll have to see the whole exhibition.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Maybe we could get someone "local" to hand deliver our stuff.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for the link. I think I may give the show a try, but I wonder what type of work they are wanting to see. I tend to shoot different subjects.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I will try to enter this competition, getting the framed piece if the work is accepted will be tough , but not impossible.
    thanks for the link Suzanne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Suzanne for the link. I'll enter this one too. I'm a long shot underdog!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bumping this... deadline is in 2 weeks. I have one, maybe two new images to print that I'm thinking of entering. And a couple of older ones! And Eric, though it makes me a little nervous, if you want some help getting an image submitted, PM me.

FWIW, they did this show about three years ago. I didn't really have anything that I felt confident about, but I did see the show. It's a good sized gallery, and they had accepted quite a bit of work. But, one maybe two pieces per person.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin