Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,805   Online: 841

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Creative Arts Workshop in New Haven

Just wanted to post this link: http://www.creativeartsworkshop.org/...otography.html

CAW has a number of courses available (as well as a PT/PD printing workshop). They have a fairly large darkroom (about 8 enlarger bays) where time at one of the bays is available for rent (50% off if you are taking one of their courses).

I like supporting them as they still teach film photography to kids and teens.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 09-11-2006 at 09:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

CAW needs your help!

Folks, I got this message from Harold, the dierctor of the photo department:
    Hi - I hope that you are well.
    I'm looking forward to a new semester at CAW. I am sad to say that enrollment throughout the photo dept. is down. I need your help to stir up interest in these great classes.

Even Photo 3 (for the first time), is low and will not run unless we get more students.
    Any ideas will be appreciated. Unfortunately, time is short, as we start classes next week.
    Best wishes,
    Harold
    Spread the word. Over the semesters, CAW has seen a sharp decline in traditional photography enrollment. I hate to see this program shut down permanently. Please pass on CAW's website to others.

Thanks, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doom and gloom....

It's really sad but CAW had to cancel most of its traditional film program due to low/no enrollment. I hope the spring session fares better, otherwise, I can't see CAW keeping its traditional film photography program around.

Maybe as a show of support for traditional photography we can have one NE APUG Meeting here? I will certainly help organize it. Whaddayathink?

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I, for one, am in favor of it... let's plan it with enough advance prep time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a good idea, Art. Maybe non-silver processes workshop. You know, find folks to demo pt/pd, kallitype, cyanotype. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a "liquid emulsion" demo.

Something to think about for late winter early spring, maybe in March sometime!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Since I live in CT, of course I'm in, it takes me about an hour to get to New Haven, a pleasant drive, let me know what I can do to help! Cheers, K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll contact Harold and discuss some pre-planning options and ideas. I'll report back.

I like Suzanne's idea about some non-silver processes. The traditional part of CAW neds a strong shot in the arm. I'm also thinking of getting more kids into film as well. Somehow, maybe if we can incorporate something for the kids too? Just some open thoughts.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds great, Art. I'm in for anything I can get too. That is sometimes a feat in itself, but let's see what we can do. I'll help in any way I can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in. Date-dependent, anyway. There are some nice areas around downtown to shoot, too. (I went to the University of New Haven, which happens ot be in West Haven).

What about making pin-hole cameras with kids? I've never done it, but I think I know of someone who has.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an update folks.

Met with Harold and he gave me some insight. Seems like the director of the entire center likes to say "No" a lot. So in order to proceed, we need a better plan to put forward than what we have right now - which are really good ideas only. So, over the next few weeks, I'll be be asking for input via PMs, I'll collate and draft up a plan with names and stuff, present it to you folks for endorsement and we'll put this in front of her.

Whaddayasay?

Regards, Art.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin