Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,781   Online: 714

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    off season is the only time I ever went, you could actually drive from Falmouth to Hyannis in less than a day!

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    in less than a day! erie
    Hey come on, that trip isn't any more than a 4 hour ride! You have to learn the "back" roads.

drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    unfortunately, I live 1000+ miles away now, and sure do miss the cape, spent an awful lot of my mis-spent youth there.

erie

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Drew

Keep me in touch too, depending on the schedule, my daughter and I might both be interested...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ok, viewed the CAC today and darkroom has been used infrequently over the past year or two...but everythng is there. I would go in there and clean things up, take inventory, throw away what (chemicals) has expired, etc. I'm thinking a workshop on film as the main theme, maybe comparing film to digital for first hour, then go into camera and darkroom equipment. In the afternoon, attendees could, if wanted, go into the darkroom to see a demo on processing film and. Maybe the CAC would offer reduced memberships for those attending. I'd send out notices to local arts groups, 4 C's, and the viewfinders club as well as local high school art teachers, and newspapers. I spoke to CC Photo and Art and they might be interested in supporting us. More later...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ok, went to the CAC yesterday and have met with some others on the cape who are interested in a workshop in Feb. We'll be cleaning things up, taking inventory and throwing away what (chemicals) has expired, etc. We're thinking of having a small flea market on the side for stuff we might want to rid ourselves of..plus some of the enlargers that aren't needed in this darkroom...instead of thowing them away. We'd like to know if there is anyone out there (or maybe I can find someone down here) who'd like to speak on different topics such as film/digital debate including state of the traditional film/paper industry, APUG organization, types of photo equipment that is still available (whats good, average prices, etc,) what is needed for a basic darkroom in your home, incl. ways to dispose of chemicals, and last but not least, what opportunities are available out there by way of photo clubs, gallery event opportunities, and education for the aspiring photographer. Attendees could then go to several different mini workshops such as basic LF shooting, architectural, portrait, and landscape photography or go into the darkroom to see a demo on processing film and making prints. I'd handle advertising the event as well as finding sponsors. Again, we're thinking sometime in February. Still more later...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, we're going with a later date...Saturday, March 10th -9am to 5pm. I want to organize, first, a round table discussion of the film/digital issue and allow questions/ comments from the audience. Then have several mini sessions that people can move to, including child portraiture, family environmental (beach, since we're on the cape) portraiture, landscape, architecture, large format, etc. This all can be arranged differently beforehand....as the need arrises. Afternoon, the darkroom will be open for a processing/printing session...at present, we have a local printer who's willing to do that aspect. If any apug member wants to attend he/she can host one of these mini-topic sessions...just let me know. I'm going to just facilitate the activities. Drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What are the goal and target audience of this event?
    Ryuji

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First and foremost, its a place for the New England apugers to meet... 2nd, photography is being forgotten down the cape...no classes or workshops are being held, or very few. I'm trying to jump start that. Third, I want to get, what once was a pretty active darkroom, active again. 4th, bring about an interest in film photography again. Hows that?

target audience: anyone who hasn't gotten into photography and those who are on the digital/film fence.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a lot to cover, but it should make for a great day. I would think you should target local highschoolers, for sure!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin