Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,516   Online: 850

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ya, I'm starting to think that there is too much....maybe too scattered! Glad it's in the early stages. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated, though I'm now getting some help from down here. Maybe scale it back to just a neapug meeting and a general invite to any/all photogs on the cape to join in. But, what subject matter would we cover? Maybe just an environmental portraiture class....? ...then in the darkroom? God, thanks Suzanne for yanking me back down to earth. Now...whats next? Where's the coffee?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    Ya, I'm starting to think that there is too much....maybe too scattered! Glad it's in the early stages. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated, though I'm now getting some help from down here. Maybe scale it back to just a neapug meeting and a general invite to any/all photogs on the cape to join in. But, what subject matter would we cover? Maybe just an environmental portraiture class....? ...then in the darkroom? God, thanks Suzanne for yanking me back down to earth. Now...whats next? Where's the coffee?
    As someone who has spent very little time on the Cape, I would be most interested in just having some locations where we could shoot, then get together for a nice coffee and discussion...... Darkroom access is not a big priority for me given that I have two .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    We'd like to know if there is anyone out there (or maybe I can find someone down here) who'd like to speak on different topics such as film/digital debate including state of the traditional film/paper industry, APUG organization, types of photo equipment that is still available (whats good, average prices, etc,) what is needed for a basic darkroom in your home, incl. ways to dispose of chemicals, and last but not least, what opportunities are available out there by way of photo clubs, gallery event opportunities, and education for the aspiring photographer.
    If the time/cost commitment is workable, I'd be happy to contribute some of these. As this event seems to be aimed for general audience (rather than APUG chem geeks) I wouldnt get into technical issues, but I have several areas I can help.

* Why I still shoot film for b&w work
    * Japanese camera and emulsion industry in past few years
    * Environment, safety and darkroom work
    * Art of nightscape photography
    * Archival processing, storage condition and image permanence

* Anything else I have on my website, made more easily digestible (where possible)

Shooter
    35mm
    I live on the Cape and I'd be very interested in attending.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Arglebargle View Post
    I live on the Cape and I'd be very interested in attending.
    I sent a pm to arglebargle a week or so ago but now realize he/she doesn't know she has a message....so now I'm asking him/her to PM me so we can get in touch about this "event"

drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drew,

Sounds like some great ideas. The location would be one reason I'd come down. I'd suggest making sure there is some shooting time as well as some lecture/demo time. Regardless, I'd probably stay two days there so that I could get some shooting time in.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Art - I want some shooting time, too. Some nice marshes, beaches, etc...
    Is this going to be in April or so? I'd like it to be not too late in the spring. Things will get busier and I might be moving well, for hopefully good reasons, but I'll miss this crew and all the get-togethers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What, Bethe??? Moving far away, maybe??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy View Post
    What, Bethe??? Moving far away, maybe??
    She's moving for love or is it a darkroom?
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I don't think he seriously wants me to switch - he said he'd help build the darkroom if I move.
    Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art, you picked up on that, huh? Yup, for love and the darkroom. Near Pittsburgh. I'll just have to get the western PA APUGers together like the NE crew. It isn't definite, yet, but it's very likely.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin