Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,983   Online: 765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PHSNE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I plan to be there Saturday. I'll try to find you and introduce myself, Whitey.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I'm here on the shop floor of the event. Decided to go today0 instead since yesterday was a downpour. Lots of tables - about 50 or so. There are lots of tintypes and ambrotypes for sale. I never knew how expensive those things are!Lots of old gear, IMNSHO, most junk, but most likely in working condition. I saw some very nice 4x5's - a couple horseman for sale at $400 and $700, the latter comes with a slew of accessories, an extended rail and a case.Seems like the used camera circuit is stressful to some. A gentleman next to me was for the price of a decent Metz flash unit sitting on the table, not knowing it belonged to the guy next to him on the other side. That guy said it was his, how much does he want for it? Well did the guy who owned the table go ballistic! "Get you're own table!" Drama....Anyway that was the most exciting thing at this event. Going to haed to the Brush Gallery now to drop my prints.Thanks Whitey for posting this event. An interesting event but not for everyone.Regards, Art (These Blacberries are neat little devices - if only it had a camera)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! Sory I missed you, Art. i was there all Saturday but came in late today to get some other stuff done. Tough when you give up both days of the weekend to get those necessary chores finished!

This was an unusual show, I think. The crowd on Saturday, at least for a few hours in the middle of the day, was amazing, considering the weather. Hunts camera (local "big" dealer) was having their own show this weekend. They usually come to this with vast amounts of cheap film and gear. No show this time. I think someone said that there were 450 paying customers there on Saturday, however. The crowd today had to put up with diminished stock and tables that had been abandoned by dealers going home early. I know I didn't spend a lot of money... lusted after a 100 mm ektar wide angle, but didn't pull the trigger on it.

One heartening thing noticed by a few of the dealers: there seemed to be a number of very young buyers, people who said that they had started with digital and now knew that they wanted to go to film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Was there Saturday, made a couple of decent finds.

I think the relatively smaller crowd made it easier for buyers to move around the hall and get close to the tables, which might have encouraged a bit more buying. I overheard several dealers opining that they hadn't done badly, considering ...

P.S. You resemble your avatar very closely. Oddly enough, I resemble your avatar (only slightly) too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OlProfBear View Post
    Was there Saturday, made a couple of decent finds.

I think the relatively smaller crowd made it easier for buyers to move around the hall and get close to the tables, which might have encouraged a bit more buying. I overheard several dealers opining that they hadn't done badly, considering ...

P.S. You resemble your avatar very closely. Oddly enough, I resemble your avatar (only slightly) too.
    Wish you'd had a chance to say Hi. Always like to meet APUGers. And anyone who resembles my avatar, even slightly deserves all the friends he can get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Wish you'd had a chance to say Hi. Always like to meet APUGers. And anyone who resembles my avatar, even slightly deserves all the friends he can get.
    And this is the new and improved avatar. You should have seen the old one- the love child of Satan and St. Nick- I still have nightmares.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    <G>

Next time I will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin