Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,048   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHSNE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PHSNE

Show and sale coming up. October 28/29 at the Armenian Cultural Center in Watertown. Lots of dealers with lots of great deals. One dealer I know said that he's afraid his stock is worth less and less each day - time to sell off. With that attitude around, it's a great day for those of us who are buying and using rather than buying to resell.

Picked up some great glass and a couple of really fun cameras for close to nothing last year.

For directions to the Center

For the PHSNE website, which has on it one of the most annoying graphics I have ever seen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    speaking of old cameras...this is listed in another thread:

From the results of a recent poll (http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32517), November is Medium Format Folding Camera Month.
    To participate, all you have to do is shoot some film in a vintage medium format folder, between the dates of November 1 and November 30, then post your best shot in the APUG Gallery. Only one photo per participant please.
    Any vintage medium format folding camera is allowed. We are including the Baby Graphics (2-1/2x3-1/4) and the vintage Plaubel Makinas.

Why have a MF Folding Camera Month? The idea is to showcase what can be done with a vintage camera. The MF folders were the most popular family-type snapshooter of the 1940s and 1950s, until 35mm became the rage. There is a wide variety of them. Exposure and focusing is all done manually, often "guessing" on the focusing distance with uncoupled rangefinders. But they can still produce quite good results. I noted that one of the Ilford Postcard winners was shot with an Agfa Isollette.

So, if you have one, please join in. Remember, take your best shot during November and let’s see what happens.

why don't I load some film in the folding camera Whitey gave me, take a photo, and pass it on to you all in NE. We can then get it processed, and enter each of our images!? drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm hoping to be there on the 28th. If I buy some older camera, will someone show me how to load it and such? I wouldn't mind anything that takes 120. If there's a sweet 4x5, I might be pursuaded. See you there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hoping to be there too - see you!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    speaking of old cameras...this is listed in another thread:

But they can still produce quite good results. I noted that one of the Ilford Postcard winners was shot with an Agfa Isollette.

drew
    Heh heh....I know someone who just obtained an Agfa Isolette last month and is using it like crazy....

-Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I buy some older camera, will someone show me how to load it and such?
    Winger! Find me at the show. My friend has a pile of boxes (that's right, a big pile of big boxes) of folders, many of which are absolutely wonderful cameras. I believe I have convinced him to bring some of them to the show and sell them cheap... Or maybe Drew will find you to get that 6x9 I gave him. He's trying to pass it on to another willing user. I'll be happy to get you going with it.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be going Saturday. Hope to see you all there!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hope to make it Sunday with a friend....
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whitey, I'll find you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a bump to remind folks... The best buys are Saturday morning for the expensive stuff but I have a soft spot in my head (heart) for the last hour of any show. That's when the unsold goods start looking very heavy to repack and bring home. Almost any bid starts looking reasonable then...

Photographica, ACEC, 47 Nichols Ave, Watertown MA, Dealer inquiries to John Dockery, 781-592-2553.

Admission $5, students/seniors $4. Hours: 9-5 Sat, 10-4 Sunday. At least 100 tables have been sold to dealers of cameras & images. One of just a few 2-day shows in USA. Lots of large-format cameras and film for sale! Also, 35mm, antique cameras, accessories, digital, etc.

Directions to ACEC: From Mass Pike I90, take Newton/Watertown exit north to Watertown Sq, get in 3rd lane from left, go straight onto Mt Auburn St, Rt 16, go 1.61 miles to flashing yellow light Nichols Ave (between post office and bakery), go right 2 blocks to end.. The building at 47 Nichols Ave.is marked "Armenian Cultural and Educational Center".
    Last edited by Whiteymorange; 10-26-2006 at 11:22 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added directions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin