Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,559   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

John Sexton Lecture - Oct. 26

I can't go, but thought you might be interested.

http://www.bu.edu/prc/programs.htm

Scroll down above website for more info.

Marco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marco...You're the Man! Thanks for the info.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He will be in Rochester a week earlier at GEH, just a day before the TPHS meeting there. For info on TPHS, see Sean's post elsewere.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is the message I got:

6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 19
    John Sexton
    Recollections: Three Decades of Photographs
    John Sexton first fell in love with photography in the 1960s and was a close associate of Ansel Adams until Adams's death in 1984. Sexton will discuss his new book and share images and insights from more than three decades practicing the craft of black-and-white photography, including images of Yosemite Valley.

A limited number of books will be available for sale at the GEH book store. I expect you can buy books before the lecture if you want to avoid waiting in line. John will be happy to sign the books.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Here is the message I got:

6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 19
    John Sexton
    Recollections: Three Decades of Photographs
    John Sexton first fell in love with photography in the 1960s and was a close associate of Ansel Adams until Adams's death in 1984. Sexton will discuss his new book and share images and insights from more than three decades practicing the craft of black-and-white photography, including images of Yosemite Valley.

A limited number of books will be available for sale at the GEH book store. I expect you can buy books before the lecture if you want to avoid waiting in line. John will be happy to sign the books.

PE
    I've got an advanced copy of the book. It is outstanding. Hubby says he will get me a hardbound copy for Christmas. Well worth the price.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marco... thanks for the link! Looks like several good lectures coming up at teh PRC!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Sexton will be in Portland in December

I know that John will be lecturing here in Portland, Oregon during the first part of December. Visit the Portland Art Museum website for details.
    But, don't forget that Portland Photographers Forum is hosting the "Photographers Fanfaire" From Nov. 3-5th.
    We're having alot of top notch photographers speaking and sharing work and panel discussions about our craft.
    visit www.portlandphotoforum.org go to coming events for details.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sexton will be in Portland Maine on Oct 28 doing an all day seminar at the Portland Art Museum. Info at http://www.portlandcameraclub.org/

I will be going with my daughter (who also shoots B&W)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The info about this Sat's seminar says there are only 200 seats - does anyone know if there will still be tickets at the door?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Bethe -
    The Portland Camera Club Website indicates that they will have tickets at the door: http://www.portlandcameraclub.org/ev...ohnsexton.html
    That site also has Bruce Burnhams phone number, he is organizing the seminar and would know for sure.

If you are going, let me know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin