Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,545   Online: 855

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went to the exhibit and talk Thursday eve. The exhibit is wonderful, the talk... well, if you had read the Daybooks, you could have avoided the crowd and viewed the photos in peace.
    And when did Mexico become part of the U.S.??

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format

Ansel Adams exhibit in Springfield, MA

If anybody does go to the Weston Exhibit in Hartford and don't mind swinging north 26 miles, an Ansel Adams exhibit is ongoing in Springfield's best kept secret the Fine Arts Museum at the Quadrangle. The exhibit includes 25 of his images including some of his landmark images. The exhibit was curated by the Mint museum in North Carolina. It runs in Springfield till December 17, 2006.

http://www.springfieldmuseums.org/mu...&exhibit_id=56

The museum appears to be trying quite hard to keep this exhibit a secret!

The prints were all printed in 1980-81 as part of his museum portfolio. They do bear his late printing style.

I believe this is worth a visit, though if you had been to the MFA exhibit earlier this year you have seen most of these images.

The museum is open Tues to Sun from 11 am to 4 pm. A visit can probably be combined with a visit to the Hartford Atheneum Weston exhibit 26 miles away.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally, finally, finally... made it to this show!! Granted, I had my kids with me, who weren't as moved by Weston's gorgeous prints as they were by a mummy in ond of the galleries downstairs, but I'm glad I was finally able to take in this show. Too quickly, though!. If anyone else in New England or the New York area hasn't seen it, try to get ther before the 31st. Well worth the drive.

Though it was missing a few famous ones, there were a few gems that I have never seen, and I've never had the pleasure if viewing so many of his prints in person. They are extraordinary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin