Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,692   Online: 863

Shooter
    Multi Format

Film drying cabinets, Thomas safelight, etc.

I have two film drying cabinets, both with forced air flow. I have two Thomas Duplex sodiunm vapour discharge safelights. I also have a bunch of 4x5 tanks (mostly 1.25 gal but some large some small) and a bunch of 4x5 hangers. I also have drum-type print washer, and roller transport print processor, and a RC print dryer. I may keep some for my use, but they'll largely go to trash.

I've already stripped small parts, so what's available now are generally for serious darkroom users. All local darkroom users I know are already well equipped, but if anyone in Boston area seriously interested in any or all of these, please EMAIL or PM me ASAP. Don't delay. All these can go to trash any moment.

Ryuji

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Pm sent.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received several PMs and emails, but please be specific in terms of questions, offers, requests, etc. This is something I am doing just because I hate to see these valuable items going to trash and I'm not doing this as my job or anything. I don't have the time to do much in this thing, so if you want something, please make my life easy. I'm not willing to spend much time for it. I'll be happy to help if anyone's seriously interested and will come to Boston, MA 02111 in next couple of days to look/take, etc. but I'm not going to do research on "reasonable ebay price" and shipping cost unless I decide some parts are worth my time to bring to ebay. (But in that case I go there straight not via APUG.)

Some people asked if I am willing to ship. Given reasonable offer for S&H and serious committment, I may be able to drop the stuff at the UPS Store or something and have them package them, but other than that, you'll have to come to Boston to pick them up.

Thanks for your interest.

Shooter
    35mm RF

I want your darkroom equipment

I would be delighted to drive to your location and pick up whatever we can agree on, any time. I live in Charlton, work in Marlboro, and can easily run into Boston. I need to improve my darkroom and you appear to have what I need. I don't know much about right prices, but will take a quick look at eBay myself so as to come not completely unprepared. We can see what we agree on in person, and I am also willing to cart off stuff I don't want to save you the effort of trashing it.

Allen Reid
    allenreid@rcn.com
    508 248 5704 home
    508 490 1869 work

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    I have two film drying cabinets, both with forced air flow. I have two Thomas Duplex sodiunm vapour discharge safelights. I also have a bunch of 4x5 tanks (mostly 1.25 gal but some large some small) and a bunch of 4x5 hangers. I also have drum-type print washer, and roller transport print processor, and a RC print dryer. I may keep some for my use, but they'll largely go to trash.

I've already stripped small parts, so what's available now are generally for serious darkroom users. All local darkroom users I know are already well equipped, but if anyone in Boston area seriously interested in any or all of these, please EMAIL or PM me ASAP. Don't delay. All these can go to trash any moment.

Ryuji

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, the RC print dryer is a roller-transport dryer that dries RC prints in a minute or so by warm air.

The roller transport print processor is an AGFA machine. Don't have the model number at hand, but can process 8x10 for sure, possibly 11x14.

At this point I'm limiting to those who can surely come to Boston to pick stuff up by Sunday night, not next weekend or Thanksgiving, unless I offered a different option individually. Equipment and tools are worth a lot of value but I am not willing to spend a lot of effort in this, but will help people in legitimate interest who can physically come by Sunday night. I really don't have any control over the actual date by which they have to be removed from the building. Please include your phone number in correspondense.

At this point I'm limiting to those who can surely come to Boston to pick stuff up by Sunday night, not next weekend or Thanksgiving, unless I offered a different option individually. Equipment and tools are worth a lot of value but I am not willing to spend a lot of effort in this, but will help people in legitimate interest who can physically come by Sunday night. I really don't have any control over the actual date by which they have to be removed from the building. Please include your phone number in correspondense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of the popular stuff (Thomas Duplex safelight, 4x5 deep tanks and hangers, spiral tank and Nikor reels, etc.) are all taken by a couple of nice local APUGers. Thanks for those who helped save some beautiful (and useful) chunks of 316 stainless steel material! There are still some good stuff left in there (print washer, rapid RC print dryer, etc.) but I'm done with this darkroom. Thanks for all who responded (including those I couldn't accommodate.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for being such a good steward of gear, Ryuji. I hated not taking the Durst, but I just can't stand the idea of puttiong in a closet and not using it. THANKS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ryuji,
    I second Whitey's thanks.
    Did you manage to save the Durst or did it get tossed? If only my darkroom had higher ceilings...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem---glad to know that those pieces of tools and equipment went into another life of use. Also, thanks Pete for the interesting piece of work. That was very inspiring, though the tool and technique are different from my thing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin