Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,743   Online: 1014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VPC Move

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

VPC Move

I am going to post this here in the New England Region Forum because I feel it is the best place for it.
    Getting ready for the move upstairs is going well... the landlord has been wonderful and very helpful - they have decided to take all the mirrors of the walls for us (insurance liability they say) and they will help us with getting the material to cover the walls to hang photos on. You can't help but like their commitment to help us out!!
    The thing is this move isn't gonna be cheap - it is going to cost us. I am hesitant to ask for help, but...
    This is why I am posting here as opposed to the general forums. Many of you have visited the VPC and it will continue to be the Western New England home of the NE-APUG. Well, as long as I am involved with the VPC it will be!
    So I am asking NE-APUG'ers if they would like to make a tax-deductible doantion to please PM me and I will send them the info.
    If the moderators feel this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete this post.
    I thank all my friends in advance for any help they decide to throw the VPC's way.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Gene,

Sent you a PM....

-Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gene, keep us up to date on how the move is going.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well gang... the move is complete and the first exhibit is on the walls (until Fri Feb 9th) and I still haven't caught up on my rest. It's been a hectic three months.
    Here I would like to thank these wonderful APUG'ers (in no particular order) for their financial help, without their generosity things wouldn't have gone as smoothly:
    Bill Hahn
    Whitey Morange
    Beth Fisher
    Art Liem
    Peter Schrager
    Mike Castles
    Fred Rosenberg (I am trying to get Fred to visit here more often!)
    Drew Barr
    Suzanne Revy
    Krystyna Szarek
    Dan Sullivan
    Robert Teague

Thank you all very much!

As I threatened, I will be posting some before and after pics. So here goes...

#1 is the last day at the old space... pictured is a visitor who was steamed that we were moving - he doesn't like change!
    #2 & 3 show what we moved into - notice the 10' mirrors on the wall.

More to come soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last Day.jpg   unfinished 9.jpg   unfinished 3.jpg  
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

VPC

Gene-leave the mirrors up- you could call the next show Reflections!!
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is some more of work in progress:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unfinished 1.jpg   unfinished 2.jpg   unfinished 4.jpg  
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Peter!

Here is some pics of the YouthBuild crew that did the work. They are part of the YWCA and during the better weather months do a lot of work for Habitat for Humanity. In YouthBuild they learn skills in the construction trades to be able to get better jobs in the real world.

The group shot is from a 5x7 neg. I brought my old Kodak 2D in to show them a "Real" camera. The exposure is 1/2 second... and they couldn't stay still for that long!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unfinished 5.jpg   unfinished 6.jpg   YouthBuild Crew.jpg  
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are some finished pics of the space...

The fourth pic has, from rigth to left, photos by Suzanne Revy, Art Liem and Krystyna Szarek.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finished 1.jpg   Finished 2.jpg   finished 3.jpg   APUG Wall.jpg  
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And finally a few color pics taken by one of our more active volunteers. Please excuse that they are digi-snaps.

The man on the right in the gray shirt is the teacher of YouthBuild who contacted me about having his group do the renovation work. he does sports and event photography a few towns east of Springfield. Without his and his kids help I would still be putting up drywall, spackling and painting.
    A great big Thank You!! goes to Jack Cascio and the kids of YouthBuild!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2639_3_6.JPG   IMG_2644_8_6.JPG   IMG_2641_5_6.JPG  
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW!! If only more communities had a papagene and support like this. It looks Great gene, Thank You for sharing...not only the photos, but what a great story with the YouthBuild.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin