Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,504   Online: 1137

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Darkroom Open House

Thirteen months after moving into a new home the Darkroom will be ready for use. Darkroom Open House is scheduled for April 15th from 1 - 4 PM in central Connecticut.

Please e mail me at steve@steve-sherman.com for an electronic invitation and directions.

Attached photos are several weeks ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8970 copy 1A.jpg   IMG_8973 copy.jpg  
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Steve
    Looks like you are getting ready to print, lots of room in this darkroom.
    Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Us jealous ones just open up the images...and quietly X them out....hoping and praying for someday!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just rationalize..."I wouldn't want a darkroom that big..." "I'd hate to have to keep all that stainless clean..." etc.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Each Darkroom that I have had has been larger than the last, and none of them have been big enough. The current darkroom is 13x13 (although there is a lot of wasted space in a light trap), and I am seriously considering finishing a second room next to the main darkroom and moving some of the stuff out there - the big question is how to do the divide

Looks like a nice setup Steve - A couple of questions: Do you intend to keep the enlarger in the position where it is now? - it seems like a long way between enlarger and sink. My preference is to have a nice linear flow from Enlarger to wash (which I don't exactly have now).

How do you envision the division of labour between the two sinks? I currently have two sinks - a large and a small with the smaller one dedicated to washing. I am contemplating putting in a third, very small sink that would be used in the preparation of chemicals and as a dump sink for the Jobo Processor effluent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    labour
    Hmmm, sometimes it takes only one word to learn about our neighbors. Welcome to America Mark.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    Hmmm, sometimes it takes only one word to learn about our neighbors. Welcome to America Mark.
    Aargh - you caught me. I lived from age 8 until age 18 in a British Crown Colony - although that was 30 years ago, some habits are hard to break.

Now where did I leave that opium pipe?

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lucky you, Steve ! I look forward to seeing a picture of the finished article.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)"

Descartes was in a restaurant when a waiter asked him if he'd like some absinthe to which Rene replied: "I think not.", and POOF....he disappeared!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Each Darkroom that I have had has been larger than the last, and none of them have been big enough. The current darkroom is 13x13 (although there is a lot of wasted space in a light trap), and I am seriously considering finishing a second room next to the main darkroom and moving some of the stuff out there - the big question is how to do the divide

Looks like a nice setup Steve - A couple of questions: Do you intend to keep the enlarger in the position where it is now? - it seems like a long way between enlarger and sink. My preference is to have a nice linear flow from Enlarger to wash (which I don't exactly have now).

How do you envision the division of labour between the two sinks? I currently have two sinks - a large and a small with the smaller one dedicated to washing. I am contemplating putting in a third, very small sink that would be used in the preparation of chemicals and as a dump sink for the Jobo Processor effluent.
    The footprint of the darkroom is 21 x 21ft. not counting the light trap to access the DR.

Speaking for myself, the 7ft. will be strictly for dev. film, the 10ft. sink will be for processing prints. There will be two 5x7 enlargers, one permanently mounted in the the corner, the one you see in photo is a movable 5x7 Durst that will be stored close to where you see it now. The third enlager is a 4x5 VC head which is immediately to the left side of the 10 ft. sink.

I don't enlarge much anymore and will contact print from a rolling island which will reside in the center of the room. On the other side of the wall common with the 10ft. sink is a UV room with a UV light source for Pt. Pd. and other alternative process requiring Ultra Violet light.

When workshops are in progress three different enlargers can be used by students and processing trays can be used at either end of the 10ft. sink and also in the 7ft. sink. In between the two sinks is a counter top which will hold a 20x24 print washer and a smaller 11x14 washer. Under that counter top are 24x30 drying screens.

You really don't realize how much you miss something until you don't have it for a while.
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin