Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,797   Online: 964

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Place to get film in Providence or along the way to Cape Cod?

Hi folks,

OK is there a place where I can buy some Polaroid Type 55 or 59 film in Providence? I'll be leaving from work in New London this Friday for the New England get together at the Cape, but I need to get some Polaroid sheet film. Any place I can stop along the way? I figure Providence is my best bet.

Anyone shop at Hunt's? http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/ They seem to have a decent selection.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hunt's/ SBI would be the place, call them first because sometimes their stock runs low. The other option is the RISD store (Rhode Island School of Design) which is on North Main St. I'd try Hunt's first. Easy on and off the highway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes...hunts is in the jewelry district...near the corner of 95 and 195. Also, while I'm at it...erik, why don't you drop down the cape..either for the workshop on saturday or sunday for some shooting?

drew

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If heading a bit further north, Calumet in Cambridge also has a decent selection of polaroid materials. If you can't find what you need elsewhere, PM me and I could stop by on my way down to the cape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if you go to sbi, phone ahead to make sure they have what you are looking for. they aren't as well-stocked as hunt's in melrose, but if you give them a little bit of advance notice, they will have what you need.

john
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John is right. I've been skunked by sbi a few times. Thanks Drew, I wasn't aware of the workshop, sounds like fun, but there would be hell to pay if I slipped off this weekend. My wife and I do like to get out to the Cape when we can, so maybe next time if you do it again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin