Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 819

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New England Camera Club Council Conference

OK, now before you guys lynch me, hear me out first!

So every year the NECCC has this annual meeting in Amherst, MA. Apparently they have workshop sessions, so I was thinking, why don't we have a couple of workshops under the guise of APUG ?

I mean surely one of could do a demonstration/talk on large format photography. Maybe showcasing various LF camera models, prints made from LF cameras, where to get them, groups and resources available for LF users. Basics of LF equipment. That sort of thing.

What about pt/pd printing, what is it exactly? Where to get materials and UV light sources? What equipment is needed. Maybe a emo. Showcase of some prints. Resources on the web. Links to great pt/pd printers for inspiration.

Let's not forget toy cameras and pinhole cameras. A demo of the various kinds of toy cameras and the types of images they produce. Maybe even a history of Lomography. Where to buy them.

Finally, I was thinking, since the darkroom might be a bit of a leap for most, maybe a session on 'table top' darkroom. That is using one's bathroom for the enlargement and a roller processor for everything else. I think this can show people that traditional doesn't have to have the darkroom to start and may get people into traditionally slowly. We can show different types of roller processors and how they can develop both film and paper.

And I was thinking we have a seminar in the special category about "Film is alive!" (I've always hated the titles like "Is film dead?") The talk can be about the various resources out there for film, the different types of cameras available for film photographers, suppliers of traditional materials and even a brief showcase of traditional film photographs.

The conference is in July, so there's not a lot of time, but it can be done, if we get enough volunteers to do the demonstrations.

What do you guys think?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds great. what does it cost for the "booth" at this conference? we'd have to pool our resources and assign tasks for the volunteers. ...maybe lots of handouts detailing film, paper, equipment, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nevermind folks, looks like the conference schedule has already been posted. Nothing traditional - what's new - all digital. Maybe next year.

http://www.seccameraclub.org/neccc_brochure.pdf

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just 'cause we can't have something on the schedule doesn't mean the APUGers have to be invisible at NECCC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    just 'cause we can't have something on the schedule doesn't mean the APUGers have to be invisible at NECCC.
    Well that's true. Does that mean we'll get a glimpse of ya, Bethe, at NECCC? Like a roadtrip from PA maybe? You know, for good times sake ... Plus I hear you've got a good chance at a fur and feather contest win!

Regards, Art. (Runs and hides ...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thinking it might be worth a roadtrip. Maybe I'll find some fur or feathers by then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, lets picket the event! ..stop people from going in! ...make a general nuisance of ourselves! I was a union guy for over 30 years....so I know how to do that!
    (actually, I went on the NECCC website and saw '06 conference photos of stacks of roll and sheet film sitting there for sale)
    Last edited by Drew B.; 03-18-2007 at 08:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are still some film users in NECCC - I think they mostly go to party and chat. If Stony Brook's rep to NECCC is who I think it is, he's a film guy. Not much of a web user, which is why he hasn't shown up here, I think. The couple we met on the cape (Ernie and wife) usually go to the NECCC conference and they shoot film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin