Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1158

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Self timer module is also used in many lens shutters to create necessary delay for M-sync mode. In M-sync mode, self-timer does nto work because the timing assembly is used for the M-sync in these shutters. But some of the jammed shutters I worked on had traces that the user forced self timer while in M-sync mode. Sometimes the shutter get stuck for other reasons.

There is no need to remove functioning self timer. They rarely cause trouble unless you force in M-sync mode. If the self timer assembly is wrecked, removing or replacing it is the solution. But if you remove it, make sure that the slot in which the lever goes through is closed. If left open, dust particles going in the shutter through it can cause a lot of headache in near future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I never noticed if the removal of the self-timer assembly affects the M-synch since I only use the X-synch. All of the shutter speeds seem fine.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Apologies for reviving an old thread, but those in the know seem to be located right here, so it seemed appropriate. Could anyone who has pulled apart a Yashica TLR please tell me from the image here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GRAY-YASH...item1c28831e57 if that really is the entire faceplate missing or merely the leatherette? From the images I've seen of others' dis-assemblies, that really does just look as though the latter is missing but, as I've never had one of these in my hands, I'm entirely ignorant and would truly appreciate the benefit of an expert's experience.

Regardless of whether it's the entire front assemblage or just the leatherette, would this be something prohibitive to replace? The rest of camera looks lovely. Yes, I know looks are far from everything in a camera but I REALLY want to get my hands on a TLR and, damn it, she's so pretty and, with her face all trashed, I might finally be in luck and be the sole bidder.
    Many thanks in advance for anyone who can offer up advice (or even dire warnings of doom if I persist in this folly!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Molli, it looks to me like that camera is only missing its front leatherette, not its entire faceplate. If you look at the upper left, you can see some shiny spots that look like they still retain the texture of the peeled-off or taken-off leatherette. Leatherette is easy to replace - you can cut your own, or order online from a source like cameraleather.com .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you so much for your reply and for its incredible speediness!
    It looked that way to me, also, but since bidding on eBay makes me nauseous, I wanted to have someone else's opinion before I put myself through the anxiety-trip.
    I'll do my usual thing and watch it until the last minute and, providing the price doesn't go overboard, I'll see if I can get it. I LOVE cleaning, so that's no problem... but I'm a bit of a mess with cut and paste

Thank you again, Terry, it's really nice to have someone who knows what they're talking about set my mind at ease.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just ducked over to cameraleather.com and immediately latched onto this:
    "All kits are pre-cut to fit precisely, and adhesive backed. No cutting or glueing required."
    Isn't that lovely?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin