Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,806   Online: 846

Thread: which shutter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

which shutter?

Hi guys;
    At the Quabbin, I showed you that nice brass lens. You told me what to get for a shutter, but I can't remember what you told me. I'm sorta planning on getting that 4x5 from Calumet (the same one Gene has). Will that work?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi ya Beth
    It is a Packard shutter. Bob Fowler made the box and mounted the shutter in it for me - as a trade for a Betax #5 shutter.
    Bob pops in and out of APUG every now and then. You also might find someone else here on APUG to help you out.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Gene!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bethe
    What is the diameter of the flange? You may be able to front mount it for 4x5. If I recall, that was a fairly long lens, covering much more than the 4x5 format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bear with me guys (and anyone else reading this)... the diameter of the threads on the outside at the back is 60mm. there are threads on the inside of the furthest back part - the inner diameter of those is 56mm. Were one of those what I/you need? I can take photos at work tomorrow, if you want. Keep in mind that up 'til now I've only bought cameras that didn't need assembly other than lens to body (and maybe a film back). I also have a Polaroid 405 holder (brand new) - I think that will work with the Calumet one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin