Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,735   Online: 854

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's right - it's another meaningless title. Like anyone can call themselves a "photographer".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from a chemist in IL.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leica_girl58 View Post
    Hello members,
    I was sent an email today with this site address. I am quite excited about finding other living film photographers. I thought I was one of the last FP on the planet. I have been a member of a local camera club for over 12 years and have recently become a minority in my club. The digital people have over-taken the club and changed everything. I forwarded the email to the other couple FP in my club. Hopefully, my friends and I will meet a new group of friends.
    I live in Leominster, Ma.
    Thanks,
    Darlene
    Hi. I know lemminster quite well. Sterling is another old stomping ground from the mid 80s. Apple orchards and old factories.

Went to NESOP in Kenmore Square. A great working photography school, have no idea what they are like these days. roteague... northern california... never gets hot. Lived in Medford and New Bedford.

Anyhow, welcome. And what is with this camera in shop? You need a second camera. or 42nd.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dslater View Post
    Actually, if you read Drew's post, you'll see it has nothing to do with being PC - it is the distinction between someone who keeps a fire burning and someone who puts fires out.

Dan
    Surely the one who keeps a fire burning would be an arsonist.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, OH! here comes the mailman with some more film and paper... I mean lettercarrier....

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Surely the one who keeps a fire burning would be an arsonist.
    No..an arsonist cuts and runs! ...although some get into the crowd and watch from a distance.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Hi. I know lemminster quite well. Sterling is another old stomping ground from the mid 80s. Apple orchards and old factories.

Went to NESOP in Kenmore Square. A great working photography school, have no idea what they are like these days. roteague... northern california... never gets hot. Lived in Medford and New Bedford.

Anyhow, welcome. And what is with this camera in shop? You need a second camera. or 42nd.

tim in san jose
    Thanks for welcome Tim.
    Leominster is still here and has become a nice place to live these days. The town actually bought it's own apple orchard a couple years ago. The Mayor didn't want the last apple orchard be sold for developing since we are the birthplace of Johnny Appleseed. It has worked out nice, the orchard is making a profit for the town and also is a great place for town events. I was happy to finally catch the blossoms in bloom this year and captured some very pretty images. That was my test roll for my just returned camera.

You would be very surprised to know how many cameras I own.
    Not counting my very first 35 slr yashica from 1975, I have a nice supply of Leica's including..m2, m3, m4-2, r6 and my faithful workhorse r3. :o
    I do everything with my r3.
    darlene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I had heard there was a park made out of an apple orchard out there. Nice idea. Here in silicon valley, there are two farms left. One is a park, one still produces fruit. For how long? The greatest apricot and plum producing valley in the world... gone. The world is not better for it.

I apologize for the thinking you only have one camera. I thought you said you weren't shooting because your camera was away being CLA'd.
    Me, I have to first choose a format, then choose a camera. Of course, when a photo has to be made, the FM2 always comes along for the ride. It got me through NESOP and has never failed me. An extension of my hand.

I always wanted one of those m4-2's.

Best of luck.
    tim
    Last edited by k_jupiter; 05-27-2007 at 01:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Speling of corse
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin