Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,706   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Anybody going to Louisville?

Are there any hardy souls out there going to the View Camera Conference in Louisville in late June?

Ted Harris, Richard Ritter and I will be doing one of the pre-conference workshops at Bernheim Arboretum. The one going on at the same time is an outdoor portrait/figure workshop. I think we're going to do some combined lectures.

Richard will a vendor booth with his ULF cameras, including a 20x24. I think he may have a prototype of an ultra-lightweight 5x7 (which can also be an 8x10 and/or 4x5). We'll have the DVD "ULF Owners Manual," useful for tire-kickers and a lot cheaper than buying or renting a ULF to try (assuminig my disk doesn't crash again while editing it...).

Hope to see some of us there.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yep,
    My neighbor and I will be there. It will be my third and his second. I have spent some time in Louisville and it is a good town..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hardy Soul not required

Hey, you don't need to be a hardy soul to enjoy your visit to Louisville. Even though we are Kentucky's largest city (16th largest metro area in the US, as proclaims the sign on every--and i mean EVERY--road leading into town), we have running water and indoor plumbing--not to mention a great lineup of restaurants and watering holes. Our airport is easy to navigate, and traffic is a fraction of what you'd experience elsewhere. We are an unsung gem--unless you've been here before, in which case we are, well, sung.

To visit us is to love us. And no, I'm not with the Chamber of Commerce. I'm just a Louisiana boy who married a Kentucky woman, and who really likes it here.

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to arrange the time off from work so I can attend.

Hope a lot of you guys can make it.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BBarlow690 View Post
    Are there any hardy souls out there going to the View Camera Conference in Louisville in late June?

Ted Harris, Richard Ritter and I will be doing one of the pre-conference workshops at Bernheim Arboretum. The one going on at the same time is an outdoor portrait/figure workshop. I think we're going to do some combined lectures.

Richard will a vendor booth with his ULF cameras, including a 20x24. I think he may have a prototype of an ultra-lightweight 5x7 (which can also be an 8x10 and/or 4x5). We'll have the DVD "ULF Owners Manual," useful for tire-kickers and a lot cheaper than buying or renting a ULF to try (assuminig my disk doesn't crash again while editing it...).

Hope to see some of us there.
    Yes I am going and I am taking the Environmental Portraiture workshop before the conference and also the Night photography workshop. I went last year and it was so fun to be around people involved with photography. And I got to meet Monty and see his 20x24 in person.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes, I will be at the View Camera conference with another faculty member who teaches with me at the NH Institute of Art. We will be showing wet-plate images, Platinum & gelatin silver prints and pigment prints made from large format cameras. Perhaps the NE folks can get together for a drink sometime during the conference!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Having grown up in Bardstown, and spending many happy Sunday afternoons hiking around Bernheim Forest, I can tell you it's a beautiful areas with plenty througout the region to photograph. Jim Beam Distillery and the charming area of Samuels, Kentucky, is just down the road, and Bardstown itself is only 30 minuts, max, from Bernheim. Also, the U of Louisville has the Standard Oil Archive from the time when Roy Stryker ran their photographic documentary program after his FSA days. Plenty to see and do in that area!

Enjoy -- sure wish I could join you.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    RE: "Hardy Souls"...

No offense intended against Louisville, other than it's a long, butt-crushing drive from the jungles of New Hampshire!

I'm looking forward to visiting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What activities will there be for the impecunious? Just looking at vendor displays? Do they usually show a lot of cameras and other stuff at these conferences?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    What activities will there be for the impecunious? Just looking at vendor displays? Do they usually show a lot of cameras and other stuff at these conferences?
    "Impecunious"? There'll be a photographic spelling bee, and I'm putting all my money on you!

The vendor area will be a good place to see a lot of different cameras and lenses. MidWest Photo will undoubtably bring a lot of stuff. Richard's 20x24 ill be a tourist attraction. I think many may have "show specials." Many, many nice, knowledgeable people to talk to, as well.

Were I in South Bend, I'd make a long day trip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be there being that I am only a few miles up the road from Mike Sebastian and am looking forward to meeting some of you guys. I am going to the U of L archives myself this coming week to get a glimpse of those renowned images firsthand !! Unfortunately I did not know U of L had such a collection until the recent magazine article --- another unsung gem until late! I too am in an "upscale" neighborhood and have running water and 'lectric. You'll know my place if you pass by as we have all our stuff in our front yard so you can see what we've got--that's how we keep up with the Jones'es around here!!
    Joseph Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin