Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,105   Online: 864

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello New England...Maine calling...

Just joined for a year after a 3-month trial. I was heartened to see that APUG had 20,000 subscribers, and I'm hoping the film and chemical makers are taking note (especially Ilford). The constant battering of this digital thing is rather vexing, though it's becoming less so as I more and more appreciate the beauty of b&w film. I just hung (hanged?) 13 photos at the local library, and the delicious richness of the b&w tones is just plain unmatched.

Been using a variety of cameras ranging from a Rollei 35s to a Rolleiflex TLR and FM3a, but sold them all for a Hasselblad 2000 kit, considering it my "walk around large format". The negatives are spectacular, and it is truly a pleasure to search out a subject worth spending time on, set up the gear, contemplate the composition, consider the settings, and finally expose the negative. What a joy, yes?

Anyway, I note that New England has the highest replys/ views of all the regionals, so I hope to see more NE info--meetings, meetups, exhibits, calls for work...and I'll kick in whatever I can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from north central MA! We have a pretty good group that gets together on a semi-regular basis. Hope you'll join us the next time we get together.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from southwestern NH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey! Welcome from the west-of-Boston area. I'm CT/VT/CT/NH/MA, but here for the last 30 years.Great group in the NE area. Come to one of the gatherings sometime if you ever come down south from God's Country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from western MA. I recently subcribed to apug after attending a photo shoot at the Quabbin. The photo shoot was emotionally uplifting. It was wonderful to be around a group of photographers who have not been tarnished by the digital world and just enjoyed each others company during the days activities. Help!!!! I recently developed a roll of Tmax 100 developed in HC110 as part of a Zone system test and the edges of the negatives have a pinkish hue. Is that normal for tmax???????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Nick;
    Not unusual, Tmax seems to have a lot of dye in it. Most of it should come out in the fix or wash. But if you fixed and washed adequately, what remains is not supposed to cause problems, according to the great yellow father.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Plymouth MA and sometimes Turner, Maine.

Bill h

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Maggie Thatcher's (now Blairite) "New" England, Bristol's a fine City and was a major port, it connected the area I live in by river with the new world, we shipped seed grain, chains, pottery and glassware to let you buy a little luxury :-)

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Vincent from Springfield, MA. We do have a pretty good group here. Hope to meet up with you at the next get together.

Speaking of which... anybody got an idea for the nest shoot... what's your favorite photogy spot? Let's give Vincent a reason to meet us all!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Southeastern MA Lets see...are there any good places to shoot up in Maine?

drew

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin