Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,723   Posts: 1,515,018   Online: 1235

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    On a sauna-like August night here in Somerville, a November day in Maine sounds like a brilliant idea.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had picked the Nov 2 date because of the coincidence of two things:

The first Friday of each month, all of the Portland Galleries stay open late, and many have wine/cheese or other nibblies on offer, so first Fridays are good. Most of the new showings at the galleries go up on first Fridays, and you often have the artists there who you can chat with.

The second reason is that the Portland Museum of Art is going to be having a special exhibition of photographs which will be up Oct 25 - Jan 6, The December and January first Fridays are liable to be even more crazy than November, and there is a greater potential for weather not being good for shooting.

Let's hang on and see what happens before rescheduling. I'd like to get some sort of idea of how many people think that the Nov date would be good, vs how many would like to change it to some other time.

Also, I am curious as to what sort of things the NEAPUGGers would be interested in shooting over the weekend. There are plenty of options around here - from the overphotographed lighthouses, to some waterfront sights, urban landscapes in Portland, possibly take a ferry out to one of the islands.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the november date is best for me. I'd like to shoot some urban architecture or maybe go out in the harbor to that historic fort...if that's possible.

drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would like to photograph in some of the fishing villages along the coast. Fall lighthouse scenes might be Ok for a half day too. most of my photography along the coast has been during the summer, so a change of seasons will work for me.
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Portland and its galleries and a shooting foray to fishing villages are two different trips I think. It's an hour from here in Portland to the closest villages with waterfronts. I'm thinking of Harpswell and Phippsburg. Keep in mind also that all the leaves will be gone by November.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, if my calendar permits, I'm up for it.

Bill h

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would like to photograph a plate of fried clams, and then eat them. That other stuff sounds good too, though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My wife and I have been traveling hither and yon - a LOT this year, and will be into the first half of next year.

I am going to TRY (famous last words...) to make at least a portion of this.

Portland, ME, is a fascinating city!!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're right, Portland IS fascinating. The other, bigger Portland was named for this one. The city motto is "Resurgam." It was burned by the French and Indians in the 1600s. The Brittish burned it in 1775. And Portlanders burned it down by accident themselves on July 4th, 1866. I live in a house they built over the ashes in 1874.

I'd be willing to show people around my city for the day. It's not very big and pretty walkable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    I would like to photograph a plate of fried clams, and then eat them. That other stuff sounds good too, though.
    We have the "Clam Box" here in Ipswich. We, and other Ipswich residents have been eating there for > ~ 50 yea..... uh ... a long time.

Feel free to use my Studio, complete with DynaLites and etc.

I'll even help to devour those clams.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin