Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,990   Online: 830

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT

http://ycba.yale.edu/exhibitions/exhibition_current.asp

C-prints by British photographer Jem Southam of Upton Pyne near Exeter, Devon. Should be an interesting show. FYI.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

Peter Schrager and I went to see this show on Saturday. In all, there were 21 chromogenic dye coupler prints taken from a large format camera.

Upton Pyne is an abandoned manganese mine that filled with water over time to make a tiny pond. Over 100+ years, the community regarded it as a dump and heaped it with discarded junk.

The prints were arranged into three parts to tell the story of the evolution of the pond. The first part, in it's own area, was about a neighbour, who tried to transform a small area next to the pond into a "park" with fowl, planted flowers, and trees, and garden benches.

In the next part, a local resident started maintaining the pond when the first guy moved. Again he placed swing-sets, picnic tables, woodpiles, and plastic garden ornaments.

The final part, are different images. Whereas the first two are images of the pond itself and the immediate surrounding area, this part shows images looking outwards from the pond.

It was a good exhibition of modern colour work.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin