Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,350   Online: 1020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

PHSNE show/auction/lecture

The PHSNE show is coming up soon in Wakefield, Mass. The following is the press release. I personally know the cameras that will be auctioned Friday night (they are from a longtime PHSNE member who died recently)-some good stuff for us all, mostly 35 mm but some medium format. The free lecture is something new we are trying-I have seen Ulrike's work, fabulous and she is a willing teacher.

"Our" photo equipment is going for very low prices. You can pick up some great equipment at great prices, and it's fun.

CAMERA AUCTION LISTING

TRADE SHOW LISTING

FREE PHOTOGRAPHY LECTURE LISTING

781-592-2553

john_dockery@hotmail.com

Photography Auction

Date: Friday, October 5th, 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M

Auction Preview will be held from 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.

Place: The Americal Civic Center, 467 Main Street, Wakefield, MA

This event is free and open to the public.

Over 200 vintage Nikon and Canon film cameras and lenses as well several Leica cameras, a few Speed Graflex cameras along with several wooden view cameras will be auctioned off. Also approximately 200 photography books will be auctioned.. Photographers of all abilities will want to attend this auction. Many items are new in the box. There are no images or digital photography items in this auction.

PHOTOGRAPHICA ’07 October 6th and October 7th, 2007. The 68th Show and Sale sponsored by the Photographic Historical Society of New England, (PHSNE), will be held at the Americal Civic Center, 467 Main Street., Wakefield, MA. Over 100 tables. Dealers from throughout the U.S., Europe, and Asia.

Cameras/images, modern, antique, collectible, everything photographic. Dealers will be buying cameras from the public. Open Sat., October 6, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sun., October 7, 10 a.m. to 4 pm. General Admission: $5; PHSNE Members $3; Seniors and Students $4.

For more information contact Show Manager, c/o PHSNE, PO Box 650189, West Newton, MA 02465-0189. Phone: 781-592-2553; john_dockery@hotmail.com;

www.phsne.org

Ulrike Welsch Lecture

Date: Saturday, October 6th, 10:00 P.M. to Noon

Place: The Americal Civic Center, 467 Main Street, Wakefield, MA

This event is free and open to the public.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I look forward to going to this show Saturday and Sunday and will see you there Jim. Anyone else thinking of going?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll likely be there.
    There must be something in the auction I need to buy.:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard Ulrike Welsch speak before here in Portland a few years back. She was entertaining IIRC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be there

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a bump to keep this show in the viewfinder. It's a great place to meet, greet and buy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm still looking for a 210mm lens....so hopefully I'll make it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    I'm still looking for a 210mm lens....so hopefully I'll make it.
    Drew, if it is a LF lens, check out this 210 here: http://www.apug.org/classifieds/show...p?product=4949

Schneider Symmar-S. It is a nice lens, I have one.

Due to scheduling at work, I may not be able to make it both days.

--John
    Last edited by JHannon; 09-29-2007 at 01:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So...I was just reminded that we have friends (from germany) visiting on the 7th for a few days, and so there is probably no way I'll make it to this show. If anyone sees a half-way decent 180 to 210 lens for my 4x5 for lets say (max $100 - I know that is quite low, but I've seen them for less before at this sale but like an idiot, failed to buy them) and feel very generous (for a couple days) and want to scoop it up for me, I'll gladly pay you back right away! Whitey is the expert on Lf lenses, so consult with him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will likely be Sunday when I make it to the show, I may get to the auction tomorrow though. I'll be on the lookout for something. What qualifies as half-decent?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin