Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,242   Online: 1027

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does Bash Bish Falls have water now?

It looks like I'll be in MA very briefly (to testify) and could swing past Bash Bish Falls on my way back out of NE on sat. But does it have any water this time of year? I've never been there, so any hints would be great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where on the face of this earth is Bash Bish Falls? How about sunday morning instead? I'm booked up solid saturday.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Water??

Does Bish Bash have water?? it has water when the entire planet will be dry....truly a hidden gem. you should go ms. winger
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bash Bish falls is in Copake Falls; which is near Copake.

Yes, it has water running; but it is late Summer, early Fall - so flow is much lower than Spring melt.

Please also remember not to tell too many people here about Bash Bish. It's a secret!

Because it is in Copake Falls, which is near Copake which is near where....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you! Drew, I can't stay 'til Sun unfortunately. And the falls is a good 4 hours from the Cape, I'd guess.
    Copake-Ham, are we talking about the same falls? The one I'm headed for is in MA, near Egremont.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Oh man, i used to go their when i was a kid with my camp (camp hi-rock). i loved that place, an amazing waterfall and beautiful, clear, cold water to swim in.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

bish bash

This thread brings back childhood memories - I too went to camp high rock in the mid sixties - we had a hike and campout there. Everyone dared everyone else to go swimming there - I do remember the water was extremely cold - even in mid summer.
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Thank you! Drew, I can't stay 'til Sun unfortunately. And the falls is a good 4 hours from the Cape, I'd guess.
    Copake-Ham, are we talking about the same falls? The one I'm headed for is in MA, near Egremont.
    Sorry Bethe, I believe Bash Bish is indeed in NY, just over the line from Washington and Egremont.

check here for a painting of the place. The painting actually looks a lot better in person... Not as nice as your photo will, of course.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Bash-Bish falls is in Massachusetts. The western parking lot is in New York the falls is about a 3/4 mile hike from there. It is fairly easy. The eastern lot is in MA and is higher in elevation than the falls and it is quite a hike down.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Yes, we're talking about the same falls.

Bash Bish is literally just across the state line inside MA from NY. If you park in the lower lot* off of Rte. 317 to hike in, your car will be in NY but you will hike up the trail into MA to get to the falls.

So you are correct that geographically the falls lie in Egremont.

One thing to note - it's been extremely dry this past week but I don't think the falls ever go totally dry - but you might see more of a trickle than a torrent!

*BTW, the lower lot has more parking spaces than the two or three near the direct path to the Falls. On a nice day I recommend using it for convenience and you get to enjoy about a 3/4 mile hike each way.

EDIT: Didn't see Paul and Whitey's response before posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin