Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,733   Online: 881

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bill h View Post
    We gotta get Tim to come and give us a guided tour. Art, you might be thinking of the railroad bridge over the canal at Buzzards Bay.
    Bill
    You would think, me sitting at the bottom of the largest Bay on the continental west coast that I would still be involved in watercraft and sailing... Nope. They just don't sail around here. Not like in New England, Buzzards Bay, Cape Cod Bay, Long Island Sound.

Take your cameras, go searching out boat pictures. One around every corner.

And if you make it to University of Mass,, North Dartmouth, you can photograph perhaps the ugliest University known to man.

tim in san jose (wishing for a nice weekend back in New England)
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You NE folks have way too much fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright Drew, when are we blowing this Popsicle stand?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    New Beige! If this happens, please post the shots..I have a close friend that grew up working his dads boats there and he may be interested in such images. No promises though.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Further west you will find Bristol RI, the birthplace of most of the America's Cup winners. Lots to shoot there from boatworks to old factories, to bridges. Just across the brige is Newport and from there east Jamestown. tim in san jose (ex New Bedford resident)
    Let's not forget that this area was directly involved in the triangle slave trade and some buildings along Bristol's shore were built using stone from the ballast of those ships. Also mansions of families such as DeWolfs, Browns, and Colts are found in the area. Oh..Herreshoff boats were built there and they have a museum at the shore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ummm Drew? So when is thing going to happen?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess after Portland which is the 2nd of Nov. If something like this can be done w/short notice, we could do this over the winter if there's a warm spell...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just an update: I spoke with a new bedford photographer (cold call) and he stated that he still uses his hassy/film combo and has never heard of apug. So, he is checking the site out and might be interested in meeting us and leading us around in the near future.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh dear you guys sound like you could use some help. If you can figure out where the village of Assonet is drop me an email maybe I can help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Assonet? Isn't that where them English Poets wrote their lyrics?

I use to live on Braley Road in NB. Assonet was on the back road to Taunton. Use to ride a beer truck in the summers while I was in school. We hit every little burg from Attleboro to P-town.

Nice area up there. Rolling pines.

tim in san jose
    Last edited by k_jupiter; 12-10-2007 at 07:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: speling of corse
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin