Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,415   Online: 889

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sorry I missed it also...got out of work way too late to make the drive....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was a very good evening indeed. Bob is a great guy. And the photos he showed were beautiful. For those who didn't make it... the last series of photos he showed would have been worth the price of travel!!!
    I will post some digi-snaps of the evening soon. Right now I am just trying to relax as it was a very long day yesterday and I am still spent from it.
    Thank you Bob, it was great to meet you.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I concur. It was inspirational to see all those beautiful big prints. Bob is a very generous and open presenter, and a wicked good printer. Now, where did I put those 16x20 trays?

bill h

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK... here's a few digi-snaps from the lecture. Names of APUG'ers are:
    #5 - on the far right with brown,yellow & white shirt is Gatsby1923 aka David Matuzsek
    #6 - on the left you can see David again, I am wearing a gray & maroon rugby shirt and standing to my left is Bill Harting aka bill h.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B Carnie 1.jpg   B Carnie 2.jpg   B Carnie 3.jpg   B Carnie 4.jpg   B Carnie 5.jpg  

B Carnie 6.jpg  
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

Just got back yesterday evening. Sorry for being an absentee organizer. Definitely not the best way to organize an event - my apologies. After all the hype I was hoping to be at all three events. I hear from several folks this event went very well. Here's some quotes from a few attendees:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Saunders from SECCC
    It was GREAT.

We both enjoyed him and his wife, Laura and his stories of what his work is like, getting to know people, how the photographers and the printers go to war with each other (power struggle, I guess How he would want to show more of the area on one print and the photographer didn't, wanting it darker in an area of the photograph.

Walt was surprised that Bob could work 7 days a week but he does take a week off every so often
    It shows that he loves what he does in the quality of the photographs.

I really didn't know what to expect but the way the presentation was set up and shown to us and the narrative made it so worth while. To see the whole club guessing half and half on some of the questions of which print was made a certain way was astonishing. I never saw prints that looked that beautiful before <snip>

I loved the Tibetan people prints too. They are an inside peek at people I would never see otherwise or think about. I believe the owner of those prints will reap fortunes to have such photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryann Ott from PAC
    Last night was fabulous! <snip> --we had a huge turn out--about 40 people! He made an excellent presentation and had everyone engaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Elsden a commercial photographer attending at SECCC
    One of the best photo workshops I've attended.
    Shows that Bob is an engaging speaker and more importantly, he knows what he's talking about.

Hmmm ... now to set up something for the West Coast ...

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 02-10-2008 at 08:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more appreciative note on Bob's presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Dominijanni from SECCC
    Bob’s presentation was FANTASTIC! That was the consensus from most of the group. A few people said it was the best presentation the Club has ever had. He and his wife were so nice and down-to- earth. Everyone felt comfortable. Bob Fedder built a great easel set for his pictures, Bob Wilkinson brought lights, and Vinnie and Bob W. were there from the afternoon to help him. He also said he really enjoyed our Club. I think it was a good experience for him also. Around 30 people attended the presentation. <snip>

The photos were breathtakingly beautiful and large—very impressive.
    Looks like it was an all around success.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin