Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,272   Online: 804

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Advice on Framing Supplies in Metro Boston?

Does anyone have any suggestions for buying aluminium "chop" frames (Nielsen or similar) in Boston or in the burbs north or west of Boston? I need two odd-sized frames before Xmas and don't want to risk mail order delivery times. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hi tim

when i lived in sumavul (gateway to meffid),
    i got a boat load of chop
    from a place in quincy called frantic framers
    http://franticframers.com/
    they are super-nice!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Charrette in Woburn has pretty good prices, if you buy their "membership" card, which is $20.00 as I recall, the card is good for a year. The discounted price is about the same as what they show on their website. They carry black and silver Neilsen component frames and premade frames by Neilsen-Bainbridge, and others. For me, one trip of getting board, etc saved more than the cost of the card.
    They are at the Washington street exit from 128/I95. Their building is next to the freeway, if you are coming from the west on I95, you can't miss it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi tim

when i lived in sumavul (gateway to meffid),
    i got a boat load of chop
    from a place in quincy called frantic framers
    http://franticframers.com/
    they are super-nice!

john

Hi,

Thanks for both suggestions. Frantic is nice, and wicked expensive, but Christmas was successful!

TT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I saw this post late, and can't really help now, but if you ever have this situation again, Landsdowne Framers right next to Fenway Park and The Framers Workshop in Brookline are good, moderately priced options.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for both suggestions. Frantic is nice, and wicked expensive, but Christmas was successful!

TT
    yikes,
    sorry tim - i didn't mean to send you to a place that took all your cash ..

i am glad things worked out in the end

john

Shooter
    Large Format
    Too late to do you ay good for this purchase perhaps but I have found that www.framingsupplies.com in North Carolina i sway cheaper than any supplier in New England and that includes the shipping costs. You get to talk to real people when you call them too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin