Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,917   Posts: 1,521,927   Online: 1103

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BBQ in June?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will do, Art, Thanks. I think the count is upwards of 14 photographers, at least 8 kids and various spouses. Keep 'em coming! Room enough for a dozen more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bring your rain gear....well, just in case Also, maybe we can have a workshop component to this day (environmental portraiture, pinhole landscapes, dining while photographing, etc) so we can write it off!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the "How to eat BBQ and hand-hold a 4x5 at the same time" idea. You teaching it, Drew?

Details, details. We'll have green salad, pasta salad, cold BBQ chicken for sandwiches, pulled pork, Hebrew National hot dogs and some munchies. We have some beer, soda and water to drink. Bring whatever else you desire. The house is .4 miles down toward the water from the school at the corner of Great Neck Rd (that's Rt 213. There is a sign for a boat ramp at that corner.) It's on the right, on the corner, with the crosswalk sign and the fire hydrant out front. I'll try to make sure there's an APUG sign on the lawn. Parking is where you can find it but there shouldn't be a problem, we've had large gatherings there many times in the past. I figure we might start serious eating about 2, going off for shooting expeditions before and after, but then, all is flexible - this isn't a fancy party, it's a chance to get together and shoot pictures. Gene and I will no doubt do some (relative) early morning shooting if he can get down there the night before. Anyone else that wants to join us for that is welcome.

Remember to have room in your car for all the stuff I want to give away. Polaroid cameras anyone? I have about eight freebies that take 600 film and a couple that shoot pack film (Fuji.) I have a stock of old 55 film too that I think jnanian will want - it's funky. If there is interest in the color canoe developing tray set I have in the classifieds, PM me. I'll give them to the first interested party since it was too expensive to ship to CA for Gustavo. They'll take up a lot of room in my over-packed car to bring down if nobody wants them. Same thing for a complete CU5 Polaroid close-up camera set. It's in three boxes and includes 2 backs, good lenses, ring flashes and the power supply for them, frameworks for setting up fixed focus shots, etc. Pretty neat set-up and it takes pack film so it will continue to be usable. Heck, you might want it just for the 127 and 75 mm lenses and shutters, but I'd like to give the whole thing away as a set. I have three 4x5 Polaroid adapters to give away as well, a 545 and two 500's. Ya gotta show up to get the goodies, though.

Rain would NOT be fun. The house is actually tiny and unsuitable for indoor parties. We could have Sunday as a rain date, but I'll post here later in the week if we're calling the whole thing off due to impending weather.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about "Developing Tri-X in BBQ Sauce for the Ultimate Stained Negative!"
    I will be bringing chili (but use it as a developer at your own risk) for my contribution to the meal.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to this. Sure you guys don't want me to bring anything? I make a mean Indonesian chicken satay ... ooh and gado gado too. You guys know what that is? Mana for the GAWDS. Screw that tempe crap! LOL

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since many of the GAWDS (Going All the Way Despite Senility?) will be there, bring what you will, oh multi-national one. No Tempe! No Tempe! No Tempe!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be arriving around 8am....anyone for breakfast?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drew,

I'll meet you for breaky.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lets make it 8:30 and hopefully Whitey can steer us to some local eatery that will serve mass quantities of hot liquid (as well as solid) refreshments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good. Come to the house and we'll get it together.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin