Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,251   Online: 1000

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BBQ in June?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds great, wish I could join you folks (I'll be in DC). Why does this always happen :| Have a great time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Whitey!
    We have survived the Cambridge River Festival and can now turn our attention to meeting up with you guys. Ms. Holly and I are wondering if there might be room for a tent on the lawn? Cuz if it's a happening pahty, we won't want to drive back to Charlemont that night.

Loooking forward to seeing you!
    Lizz and Holly
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, he says, yes. Always room for the camping sort... See you then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What time should I plan on arriving? I might drive out from NJ in the morning rather than get a motel in the area for Friday night.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some folk (see Drew and Art above) are doing breakfast at 8:30. Others will come later in the day. Weather Gods willing, there will be plenty of shooting (and eating) all day long. I figure the main eating event to be mid afternoon -- 2 to 3? An early morning shoot is possible for the Friday night people - just papagene, me, and Chris DaVita so far, and Chris may beg off on that. (Kid stuff may be more pressing activity.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll shoot with you guys in the morning. I'll be coming out Friday afternoon to avoid a four hour drive Saturday morning. See everyone then.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK. Here's the latest from NOAA:

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 77. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

To my way of thinking this is a general, "we don't know" kind of forecast. There is always a chance of thunderstorms at the beach on summer afternoons! I predict interesting cloud formations and I think we'll go with it. There is a great used book store (and I mean great!) nearby where we can wait out any threat. They have multiple buildings, multiple cats and dogs, free refreshments and a good selection of photography books.

Newer forecast:
    Saturday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Better yet!
    Last edited by Whiteymorange; 06-19-2008 at 07:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A clarification of directions from Rt 1 onward may be needed. The turn onto Avery Lane is at Silva's Package Store (that's a liquor store to anyone not from CT) Then straight through the next lights onto 213 - toward Harkness Park and the O'Neill Theater. The right turn onto Goshen Rd is a couple of miles down, at a school. There is a public boat ramp sign at the corner pointing toward the water (and the cottage.) My cell is 978-844-4363. See all who can make it there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "...Silva's Package Store (that's a liquor store to anyone not from CT)"
    Everybody in Noo Inglind knows what a Packie is. It's the rest of the country that is confused.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    "...Silva's Package Store (that's a liquor store to anyone not from CT)"
    Everybody in Noo Inglind knows what a Packie is. It's the rest of the country that is confused.

gene
    Yeah, and they all talk funny, too!

lizz
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin