Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,581   Posts: 1,545,766   Online: 1075

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BBQ in June?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seriously bummed here, but we have had a number of minor, but time consuming things come up today, and I don't think I can get down there...

I knew in my gut this may be a bad weekend for it... I hope we plan another such get together later in the summer... hell... I'll plan one!!!

Hope you have a photogenic day everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everyone had a great time...including Art, James and I, who got investigated by the locals...supposedly at the request of the feds/military who were trying to launch (?) a new sub at Electric Boat They spotted these three professional looking characters (I say that loosly) w/cameras walking around New London's dock area. After finding out we weren't on any terrorist list they let us go...but pleaded w/ us to not aim the cameras at this green building across the way! Food, conversation, the various photog outings were great and thanks to Whitey and Gene for setting this up.

drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a splendid weekend! A great big thanks to Whitey and his wife Eileen for hosting a bunch of us rogue photogers. I have three or four rolls of film to develope this week and maybe I will get to make some werk prints next weekend to post.
    Lets have another get together befor e the summer is out!!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format

Great Weekend

This post is a little late, but...

I had a great weekend. Whitey and Lena's hospitality was the best. Thanks to Whitey and gene for getting us together.

To Art and Drew... I still can;t see why we attracted so much attention. Maybe someone reported three suspicious looking guys with expensive equipment who were fumbling with trying to get a few pictures. I was using an 80mm lens on my Hassy and couldn't, for the life of me, have gotten a detailed photo of that green building if I had wanted to.

I am posting a few photos I had taken on Friday night when a few of us went sightseeing.

Thanks for everrything,
    James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6741.jpg   IMG_6739.jpg   IMG_6740.jpg   IMG_6745.jpg  
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i am late to this post too .. i also had a great time
    getting together. thank you whitey and lena and gene and everyone
    for such a great time!

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whitey, thanks for organizing and hosting a great BBQ! Also thanks so much for the 'throw aways' - I walked away with a bonanza of toy cameras and classic cameras, including a fine SX-70. I finally get one and now, there's no more film for it. Awesome.

Yeah, I think Drew, James and I wondered at one point WTF would happen IF anyone of us were on that 'watch' list? Hmmm ... I took several rolls from our walkabout in New London and need to get those processesd. But, like our last trip Drew, there may not be any pics in the APUG gallery, as I HATE scanning.

It was great to see John again and your images are amazing - forget what Drew says about them! Besides, his nipple nerve endings haven't matured yet. ;-) ; Gene, I'll be up at Amherst in a couple weeks and give you a call; Lizz, nice to meet you; and everyone else (about 10 others in all) the company was great. The food, the conversation, and the excursion were a blast. Had a great time.

BTW the next day, I met with Peter Schrager, who promptly took me to this 'dive' in tony Westport, CT called the Inn at Longshore. The first thing I notice; I was the only non-white guy that wasn't serving food, mopping the floors, tending the lawns or washing the dishes! LOL The next thing I notice was the HUGE AWESOME buffet - we're talking lox, oysters, Indian candy, eggs benedict, Thai spring rolls, etc... This may be my fav brunch place this summer. Thanks Peter! BTW I had a preview of the postcards he was printing up and it looks amazing. Peter is a superb printer and he needs to get more exhibitions.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 07-02-2008 at 07:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, thanks a lot, guys. The fun was all ours. I got rid of much of the carload of stuff I brought to give away and had a great time. The shots I took at Harkness should make good prints and I even show a smile or two in James' snaps from Friday evening!

Waddya think... annual event?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good, Whitey! I'm still bummed that I wasn't able to get down there that day. Looks like a gorgeous area!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Waddya think... annual event?
    Absolutely.

I think it's also about time I organize something in New Haven. I've been threatening this for a while, but I may just follow through on it. I'll start another thread on it.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Hello all, I've been following this post for a while. I was hoping I could introduce myself and attend the gathering but it was a very busy weekend and not in the cards. Perhaps next gathering if that's okay.

Art, I've dined at Longshore a few times (my wife loves their meing gai). Decent food but a tad pricey and very local chic.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin