Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,738   Posts: 1,515,533   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BBQ in June?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

BBQ in June?

Hi folks. Papagene and I were talking and decided to plan a get-together for fun, friends and photography this summer. We were hoping to have it as a send off for gr82bart, but the guy is heading off to sunny CA before we can get it together. We'll have a beer and think fond thoughts of him anyway. (rotten deserter... what? 2nd class New England weather, bad roads, crowded conditions and low pay and high housing costs not good enough for you? Had to head west?)

OK, enough about my jealousy... Here are the particulars as we know them now. We can begin the gathering at a small cottage our family owns near the shore in Waterford CT (near New London.) The place is pretty basic, but it gives us a gathering point. The nearby state park is a wonderful spot for photography and merriment - very large, open and welcoming to large group parties and photography. I have set up tripods and LF equipment all over it it and have never been hassled. It's right on the water, and while swimming is prohibited at the beach there, there is plenty of walking, shooting and exploring to be had. The gardens are amazing.

Entry fees are by the carload, so meeting up at the cottage, less than 4 miles away, will minimize the cost of a day at the park.

I'll handle the food aspect of this and all local organization. We'll work out a donation / beverage scheme when we get a number for attendees.

We're thinking Saturday, June 21, all day. Another date might be possible, but I need to plan the family calendar for the cottage use, so we should act quickly. Any takers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good to me.

Barry

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Too bad, I will be in New England (Nashua, NH) during August. So this is too early for me.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a haul from where I live, but it doesn't look like it's much different a haul than Springfield was, and that wasn't an unpleasant drive. I'll pencil it on the calendar and be more definite as the spring progresses. It sure sounds like a very enjoyable outing. Thanks for undertaking to organize it, Whitey.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Too bad, I will be in New England (Nashua, NH) during August. So this is too early for me.

Regards
    -- Ruediger
    Perhaps the New England group can host you for something in August, then, Ruediger. The first beer is on me. Nashua is close to where many of us live.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds fun, but June is always very busy. I don't think I can make it for the 21st. Or the 22nd for that matter. Bummer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    This sounds fun, but June is always very busy. I don't think I can make it for the 21st. Or the 22nd for that matter. Bummer...
    True, June is always crazy, especially with school-age children. Too bad, though. I thought we might get a chance to meet your family, Suzanne - make sure you're not just renting those wonderfully photogenic kids you showed off in Springfield.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can I go too??!!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Perhaps the New England group can host you for something in August, then, Ruediger. The first beer is on me. Nashua is close to where many of us live.
    Yeah, if we can work something out, that would be great.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    June is starting to come into better focus... I might be able to do this on the 21st after all!! I'll keep an eye on this thread!

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin