Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,521,990   Online: 1077

Shooter
    Multi Format

Night photography exhibit

Saw this on the BSA newsletter: http://www.darknessdarkness.com/index.php
    Sounds interesting...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apug's very own Bill Schwab has work in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't notice that....Outstanding!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My daughter and I went to visit this show earlier today.

Warning - it is not easy to find. There is no street sign giving the street name, so you have to guess at that, and the gallery is within what I think is a student housing block - sinage is non existent. We finally found it, but everything was closed up despite the web site indicating that it was open 9-6 daily (we were there at 1:00pm on Saturday). We found a student who let us into the building, and we were able to see the exhibit.

It was worth the difficulty. Some magnificent images, done in a variety of different work flows - some clearly digital, some clearly analog, some which were probably a hybrid work flow. Many (most) of the images were colour, and there were some amazing things there - several were traditional B&W.

Bill Schwab has one image in the show, upstairs, very nice, traditional silver gelatin print.

There were postcards at the show, advertising a book on Night and Low Light photography by Jill Waterman (who had several images in the show) - it will be released in August:
    http://www.amazon.com/Night-Low-Ligh...6824907&sr=1-3

If you are around Harvard Square - this is definitely worth seeing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin