Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,022   Online: 857

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photographica '08

OK. Time for my twice-yearly plug for the PHSNE Photographica Show and Sale in Wakefield, MA, on May 3 and 4. It's a great place to talk cameras and buy stuff. I've found wonderful bargains there, but even in the slow times, I've found great folks who share my love of old cameras and film. I'll be there, along with a few other APUGgers, most of whom will be doing far more to make it work than I ever do. Come see us.

Here's a link to all the info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will be there as well. :-)
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
    CAPT. John Parker, Massachusetts Militia. 19APR1775

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be going Saturday. Hope to see you there.

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm also hoping for Saturday...but may have to settle for Sunday. Hey..how about a shoot?

Shooter
    35mm
    I might need a few darkroom items to fix some broken parts and the like. What is the typical amount of this stuff at the shows, or is it 99% cameras?

Cheers
    usuthu65

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by usuthu65 View Post
    I might need a few darkroom items to fix some broken parts and the like. What is the typical amount of this stuff at the shows, or is it 99% cameras?

Cheers
    usuthu65
    There are often dealers with a good supply of darkroom material that they want to unload, since this part of their business is more cumbersome to carry around to shows. Can't promise anything -- but every show I've been to there have been at least a half dozen dealers with enlargers and assorted bits. Every show is a bit different from the one before; all have been worth the trip and the admission fee, in my estimate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by usuthu65 View Post

Cheers
    usuthu65
    One of the interesting things about this show is that you never know what will show up. There is a pile of "stuff" on some tables, others have brand new digital stuff for great prices. I've gotten some real steals at the show, like a Thomas Duplex safelight for $35. I saw a guy get a Beseler 23C enlarger for $10. The nice thing about the digital revolution is that it freed up a lot of "our stuff" for very low prices.

If you don't see exactly what you're looking for, try to find a dealer with related stuff and "chat him up"--I have found many interesting things by doing this.

Give it a try, most of us keep coming back and coming back.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin