Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,576   Online: 963

Thread: Gallery opening

Shooter
    Multi Format

Gallery opening

At the Cahoon Museum of American Art (Cotuit, MA) "The Past as Present: Vintage Photographs of Samuel Chamberlain" features 39 of Chamberlain's gorgeous b&W images of Cape Cod. As noted on the website:

"The Past as Present:
    Vintage Photographs of
    Samuel Chamberlain"

June 24-July 20

Opening reception::
    5 to 7 p.m. Friday, June 27

Trained as an architect at MIT, Samuel Chamberlain discovered a talent for art resulting in an outstanding body of pioneering photographic work recording the fast-evolving yet eternal face of Old Cape Cod from its colonial architecture to its quaint towns and pristine ocean vistas. Shot in 1936 and 1952, these stunning, large format images reveal through line, shadow, brightness, and composition the subtle beauty of this special habitat.

Anyone interested in visiting this show, let me know and I'll buy you a Guiness at the local pub.

drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wish I could have joined you, Drew... maybe I'll try later in the run. How'd you like it?

-bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wish I could have been there, Drew. Have one for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was great. Well, it runs for a month...the offer is still on the table!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin