Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,519   Online: 1128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

You are all welcome to my show in New Haven!

So I am making the finishing touches for my show at the City Wide Open Studios Festival this Friday, October 3 to Sunday, October 5. I will be showing 14 never before seen Kodak colour and Scala B&W chromes printed on Kodak Endura Metallic paper. The theme will be Street Perspectives.

The dates and times are:
    Friday, October 3 from 4 to 8pm <-- Free food!
    Saturday, October 4 from 12 noon to 8pm
    Sunday, October 5 from 4 to 8pm

The location is Roberto's Restaurant and Diner at 418 State Street at the corner of Court Street. It's site #13 on the Downtown CWOS map; is 50 away from the Downtown Artist in Residence (AIR) Site; and is within a 5 minute walk to the ArtSpace site and the shuttle bus to take people to the other AIR Sites in West Haven, Westville and Hamden.

The restaurant will be open for dining on Saturday and Sunday, but the public is still welcome to just come in, look at the photography, and / or to chat with me. I will be there the whole time selling some wares, showing more of my portfolio, and providing education on alternative processes and film photography.

I will be showing with a friend, Michelle Reynard, who is also a chrome photographer, specializing in Twilight and Night Photography. She was selected as an Artist in Residence and will also be showing 3 additional pieces at the Hamden AIR Site.

You are all welcome!

Regards, Art.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gr82bart; 09-28-2008 at 09:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wish I could be there.
    Good luck with the show.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

show

wish I could be there too Art....go get 'em!!
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a strong possibility that I'll be at the New Haven Yacht Club that weekend. I'll try to squeeze this in.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck with it Art!! Take some snaps and post them here of what it looked like!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry I can't be there, but I hope it goes really well! I also can't wait to see what you finally picked.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Good luck with the show Art!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This is all very exciting! I really glad my friend Michelle nudged me to be a last minute exhibitor - literally the last day of registration - I missed all the juried stuff, but that's OK. Spill over attendance from the nearby Downtown AIR Site is expected to be around 400 people on Friday and 1000 people on Saturday & Sunday! Whoa ... Jimmy, the owner of Roberto's is excited too, as he will be the only stop on the walking tour that sells any food!

It all came together yesterday when the Neilson Bainbridge frames from Texas arrived, 8 ply pre-cut mats from Ohio (I think), 11x14 Lambda prints from NYC were dropped off, postcards from Wal-Mart were picked up, Home Depot had all the materials I needed to make some street signage / sign boards, and the alignment of several celestial bodies occured (plus a little known cactus in Death Valley flowered). By 5pm yesterday, I was done. What was everyone worried about?

Visited the other photographers showing in the Hamden AIR Site - more than half of them didn't even show up for last night's hanging! I though I was bad. Also 2 dropped out, so a couple had more space to use. Plus a new photographer will be showing in a church gallery as a post-last minute entry. She signed up on Monday! It's all good.

So, if you're in the area, make it a day trip. Visit some great art in several galleries and venues. I'll post web images some where - not sure yet.

Regards, Art. (BTW Sunday's times are from 12 noon to 8pm)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best of luck with the show Art!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Art,

I wish you the best of luck with the show and the reception; also how that everything sells.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin