Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,187   Online: 885

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Large Format gathering in central Connecticut

Below is the line up for the Large Format weekend culminating with the Middlesex Cancer Center and exhibition of 150 Large Format images. Anyone can attend any or all of the weekend festivities, admission is Free.
    There are slight changes to the previously announced schedule. Events take place in central Connecitcut the weekend of Oct 23-27th.

Oct. 24th Friday

Monty McCutchen Wet Plate Demo
    Charismatic Ultra Large Format photographer who knows this process well and will give a live demonstration
    Begins 10 AM

Oct 25th Saturday

Jack Holowitz Face and Figure Studio and Location
    Holowitz has lectured world wide on Black & White portraiture and the female figure. His work has long been the focus of Fuji Film’s Professional Division
    Begins 10 AM

Glenn Curtis Scanning to Digital Output
    Curtis teaches analog photography at Paire College of Art. His love is the digital process. A rare combination, he will demo the complete process from scanning through PhotoShop to digital output.
    Begins 3:15 PM

Oct. 26th Sunday

Steve Sherman Reduced Agitation Development
    Traditional ULF photographer who popularized the century old process of Stand Development
    Begins 11 AM

Oct. 27th Monday

Setup for Large Format Exhibition and Cancer Benefit 2008 10AM - 1 PM
    ROG Cocktails and Exhibition 6-9PM There is a $25.00 Tax Deductible Donation for this event
    After party 9PM - ??? Sherman Home

Print shares each evening by all in attendance.

The Middlesex Cancer Center has arranged for reduced hotel rates at several different hotels close to the activities. Please email for particulars.
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format

lf gathering

I'll be there - anyone else?
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi guys, I will be there for most of the events as well. Hope to meet some of you there!
    Matt Allard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me ams gonna be there!!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'll be there as well - last year's event was fantastic, and the quality of this year's photographs looks every bit as great!
    r.j. phil

www.rjphil.com

"What if they're not dreams - what if they're instructions?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be seeing any and all of you at Saturday's events. drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be at the benefit on Monday.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    something has come up....and probably won't make any of this CT weekend. Have a great time everyone.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What a fun day I had today! The portrait demo by Jack Holowitz was amazing and Curtis studio did a wonderful job of hosting it. After running around in CT bushes and got poison ivy all over me, some nice presentations and few beers at Mr. Sherman's home made me quickly forgot about it.

Sorry I have to miss the rest event especially Monday's cancer benefit.

Thanks Steve for organizing this event. I met a lot of APUGers for the first time and had lots of fun. Wish you guys have a huge success on Monday.

DMG

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Greetings all,
    I must say how glad I am for making the trip out to CT for Saturday’s festivities. The Curtis Studio gave Jack Holowitz a place to share his portrait & figure experience with a very nice group of photographers. We later took part in a digital scanning process with Glen Curtis at the Giammatteo post & beam barn, which cleared up a few matters for many of us. Steve Sherman & family took us all in for an evening that started off in Steve’s amazing Darkroom to share stories & get a little project completed. The Jones family offered all of us a lasagna & salad dinner which completed an excellent day.
    I thank you all for your generosity & look forward to seeing you Monday night at the Cancer Center for the Benefit.
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin