Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,984   Online: 849

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Let's go to the Caponigro show at Hallmark

The show of Paul Caponigro's work is on until Dec 14 at the Hallmark Museum of Contemporary Photography, in Turner's Falls Mass.

Anybody interested in meeting up and attending?

Hallmark has two gallerys now, with the Caponigro show at one, and Lois Greenfield at the other. See http://hmcp.org/ for details.

Also in the area (more or less) Valley Photo Center and Vermont Center for Photography and lots of good opportunities for pictures in between. Where else can you hit 4 galleries exclusively for photography with less than an hour of driving?

If that's not enough, there is "Don't Smile for the Camera" at the Deerfield Museum, http://www.deerfield-ma.org/exhibitions.htm

Also worthy of note, but hard to do in one outing with Hallmark is a show of Andy Warhol photographs at New England College http://www.nec.edu/academics/new-eng...nt-exhibitions

Anybody interested, got ideas for dates?

Links
    VPC http://www.valleyphotocenter.com/index.htm
    VCP http://www.vcphoto.org

Shooter
    Multi Format

Andy Warhol collection at NEC

I'm on the graduate faculty at New England College, and if there's interest in a separate trip to include some time for talk with the curator of our gallery, I'd be glad to try to facilitate introductions. That might be an opportunity to go a little deeper about the donation from the Warhol Foundation, and maybe get behind the scenes of this "preview" exhibition of the full collection. Might be a worthy road trip for the students at Insight, VCP folks, Gene, etc. (If you guys are already connected with Daryl, of course, I don't need to be involved.)

Just a thought... nice to see NEC mentioned here, the gallery is really cool space.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am up for a visit to the Hallmark Gallery in Turners Falls. The best dates for me are Sat or Sun Dec 6 or 7.
    Maybe a morning shoot some place nearby, lunch and then off to the gallery. How about it folks??

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Why does all the cool stuff in New England happen when I am in PA? Anyway if you are looking for stuff to shoot in the area there are some great brooks along rt. 2 north of Greenfield. Also the Potholes in Shelburne Falls are pretty cool (along with an interesting gallery in the town). A disclaimer on the potholes though, last time I was there I saw some signs saying that the rocks themselves were off limits, of course they were not there when I visited over the summer. I still saw a few people down on the rocks so maybe it isn't enforced to strongly... Anyway here are a couple images from the potholes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I know, the potholes are still off-limits which is too bad. Too many stoopid accidents by stoopid people.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    yeah I guess I'll just say I got lucky over the summer and didn't know, actually everything I read before I went said that they were open to the public, but that must have been outdated information. I can see how stupid people could easily do stupid things there..

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll go again! I was able to see Paul Caponigro's Artist's Talk a few weeks ago and it was great. The show itself is really inspiring with many iconic images from 5 decades of work. Lis Greenfield's work is veeeeeeeeeery interesting and also well worth seeing.

IBBY!
    Lizz
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't make it the 6th/7th, but I might try and make a day trip of it over the Thanksgiving break.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like I'll be traveling instead on that weekend now.
    This day job thing gets in the way sometimes.

Thanksgiving weekend may do it though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about Turkey Friday, aka the biggest shopping day of the year, assuming that none of these venues share a parking lot with a shopping mall?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin