Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,651   Online: 980

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ice storm

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ice storm

I hope the NE apug members who were hard hit by that storm last night are ok. I know Suzanne seemed to be right in the middle of it.... Many lost power which might be out over the weekend. Let us know how you fared....ok?

drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK here Drew. The lower Pioneer Valley got all rain and lots of it. People were more worried about flooding in my area. The surrounding hill towns are a mess though, with trees and limbs down and many power outages.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We got hit with freezing rain and rain in New Brunswick,Canada.Lots of power outages and school closures.It's gonna be a b%&$h getting around tomorrow when the whole mess freezes.

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I remember here in 94 we had an ice storm. It was kinda coated from Dover to Rehoboth but Milford and Harrington, De. were in the heaviest path and we had everything coated with 2 inches of ice. It was eerie that night. Complete silence except for the falling rain and the crack and crash of tree limbs in the woods.

This storm we had 2.5" of rain as it was. I kinda wish it was as cold as originally forecast. We'd be wading in the white stuff and this would be coming from home.

Be safe all, and Happy Holidays.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be safe, but my experience with ice storms growing up in Arkansas was you got great potential for some interesting pictures, both day and night.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We were badly hit last night... it sounded awful, especially as a tree pulled down the power off the side of our house!! :o We're all ok, but I have the studio space (I'm here for a few), and we'll be bundling up tonight. Brrrr...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wish I was a photographer in '94. Back in the day I was an unmotivated snapshootist.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ice was everywhere, but didn't do us any harm. Schools were closed and the roads were dicey early this morning, but the whole mess melted and disappeared by noon. I did shoot a roll of Delta 100, and have posted one of those here as a neg scan. Unlike Suzanne, for whom I have the utmost sympathy, we escaped unscathed.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    We had tons ofrain in RHode ISland but it warmed up. Just a little water in my basement. Glad everyone is ok.
    It sounded nasty in the wee hours.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    John, those shots are beautiful. We are supposed to get our first major storm of the season this weekend. Of course it will pale in comparison to what you East Coasters are having to deal with but we'll have our own worries. There are so many burn areas and with that comes the chance for mudslides and worse. I hope everyone stays safe.

Tori

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin