Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,403   Online: 749

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Annual PHSNE Auction

Once again, I'm working against my best interests here as an acquisitive person, but I'd love to see PHSNE get some new bidders at this auction. The details are here, copied from the PHSNE Forum:

The PHSNE Members's Auction Meeting will be February 1st, 2009 at Waltham High School. The public is invited to participate. The dollar table and pre-auction inspection begins at 11 and the auction starts at 1.

Items for sale on consignment and from the PHSNE warehouse are in an attached PDF File. Missing numbers are to be used for members items brought in on the day of the Auction. Remember only 6 items or lots per member. We usually get about 100 additional items to sell. The Terms and Conditions of the auction is also attached.

To see pictures of some of the items in the auction, go to the PHSNE Archive gallery. Click on the "Auctions" link and then the "Members Auction 2009-02-01, Some items for" link to see the images.

Check PHSNE web site for bad weather cancellation announcement.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am planning to be there.

Unless too many Apugger's show up, there are likely to be bargains to be had. Every round I see interesting stuff sell at jaw-dropping cheap prices.

So, guys and gals, please show up, help Whitey and I keep our money
    Last edited by bdial; 01-13-2009 at 06:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    This type of show is all new to me.
    Exactly where is it held? Town and State, please.
    We are from central New Hampshire and collect and use
    35mm SLR's. Have decent collection.
    Will there likely be items to interest collectors like us (myself and my wife)?

thanks
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will be at Waltham High School in Waltham Mass. Details with a link to a map are here; http://our.web-scheduler.net/?CID=25...511200&v=event
    PHSNE's home page is www.phsne.org
    You don't have to be a PHSNE member to attend or buy.

Usually there are many 35mm SLRs up for sale. Most of them are "user" cameras, but there are various collector object cameras for sale too. The list Whitey posted should give you some idea of what will be there. It's not a complete list though, as people will show up the day of the sale with stuff to add.
    They will also have stuff from personal collections of various members, which are not listed in the PDF, I believe.

Shooter
    35mm
    bdial
    Thanks for the info.
    About an hour and a half from us.
    Not too bad......we would like to attend.....we'll try as long as the weather cooperates.
    We just got 18" yesterday...still digging out.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vintageslrs, if you do make it, you should be able to find me. I look just like that guy in my avatar. Introduce yourself. Always like to meet a new (to me) APUGger. The weather down here in flatland is supposed to be fine on Sunday - can't speak for those frozen Northern climes, though. I'll buy you a cup of coffee. Yes, you too, Barry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like Whitey said, it's a great place to pick up "our kind of stuff" and also to get rid of those gems we are tired of looking at. I'm the guy who sets up the auction lots so say "hello" to a fellow Apugger. Don't try to talk to Whitey, he's busy buying stuff;-)

The "dollar table" is a terrific place for filters and weird stuff. I picked up a Peak grain focuser there last year. By the end of the day, you can usually "fill a bag for a buck".

You never know what will show up. A friend picked up an 11X14 with a lens and studio stand a few years go for $200 (she is not married to my wife or it would be in my basement)

Go for the fun of it

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys.....looking forward to meeting you both Whitey and Jim.

Sounds like we will enjoy and we'll be looking to say hello to you guys.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim is the man behind a lot of what is good at PHSNE, though he has some company there. He's right about me buying stuff, but what he doesn't say is that I rarely spend more than $50 and still come home with box loads. Last year I sold a few items in the auction - felt triple good. Got rid of stuff, gave a bit to PHSNE and came home not really short any cash.

But honest, I can still talk and buy. In fact, many think I should buy more and talk less.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sherri (my wife) and I should be there by 11:00.
    Sherri is also an amateur photog and a bit of a camera collector herself.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin