Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,127   Online: 856

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    a potential weekend is June 13th-14th... Does that fit in with any of your schedules?
    That looks good at this point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gary and I have set up a time to talk tomorrow (Mon) evening...the results to be posted here soon after. Thanks....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So..ok. We're talking about meeting up in Manchester in the am...(for me...about 7:30) at the Red Arrow Diner for breakfast. Gary would meet us there and after eating we'd do some urban landscape photography...especially some old mill architecture nearby. For the mid-day, we'd continue to shoot...maybe do a small lunch and at around 2pm, meet back at the school to first view a student photography show which will be hanging at that time and then we could take in one or two workshops 1. a 19th century handmade process like albumen printing or 2. a demonstration of the wet-plate process. We could also scan 4x5 negatives and print the images on their large format Epson archival printers. That evening we could do dinner (plenty of restaurants) and then do some nighttime shooting. For those who stay over, Gary said we could process some film in the am...do some more shooting and/or head home. What does everyone think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds cool so far.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This sounds interesting. I can check my schedule when I get home.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
    CAPT. John Parker, Massachusetts Militia. 19APR1775

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like the weekend of the 13th is it. Bev Conway who teaches with Gary said she would do a wet-plate demo and Gary would be happy to do an albumen printing or perhaps platinum printing demo depending on the interest. They also have a photography special collections library worth visiting if Gary can arrange to have it open Saturday afternoon. We're thinking about setting a limit to the number of attendees - maybe twenty, including students. So, combine this with the above info...and it looks like an interesting weekend. Some lodging can be found at:
    http://www.metrotravelguide.com/hote...gLogId=7397059
    Hope you all can make it....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am interested. Just to verify it is June 13th? As far as I know I am available that weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes...the 13th, and for those who want to stay...the 14th.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good to me. There seem to be plenty of places to stay over, so I've pencilled it in.
    -b

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just bringing this back up...does everyone still have this penciled in?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin