Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,275   Online: 778

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Here It Comes Again!

Whitey!

Thanks for the 'heads-up' but once again I'll be stuck at one of those meetings that will keep me in NH until about 3PM on Saturday, and it looks like a 45 mile run from there to Wakefield. Sunday, ...well, you know!

I think I need a different job!!

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be there. How big is this?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrev.Rev. View Post
    Whitey!

Thanks for the 'heads-up' but once again I'll be stuck at one of those meetings that will keep me in NH until about 3PM on Saturday, and it looks like a 45 mile run from there to Wakefield. Sunday, ...well, you know!

I think I need a different job!!

John
    Well, John. You know what they say about doing the Lord's work: your boss is somewhat distant and he/she expects you to work on Sunday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I'll be there. How big is this?
    as of right now, there are about 100 8' tables sold. One of the great things about this show is that you never know who/what will show up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i will be there both days. say hello if you see me. i have a long goatie beard and on sat i will try and where my "got film" t shirt. maybe on sunday i will wear my APUG shirt. be sure to say hello.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think I can make it. I will make plans far ahead next year!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format

Foolish dealers

I went to the show today with the express purpose of buying a Hassy, an 80mm and/or 120mm lens and two A12 backs. The first dealer I approached had most of what I wanted but would not accept a check. After dealing with one of the sales people, the compromise was that I would go to an ATM, get half the money and pay the rest by check with multiple forms of ID. The owner of the company decided that that wasn't acceptable to him and made his point known in a very negative way. After thanking the sales people for their time, I was able to find a dealer that had exactly what I was looking for a bit less with a warantee for the camera body and lens and a couple of filters for the lens I purchased.
    To make a long story short, not only was the owner of the first dealership an absolute *^&hole, but he was a stupid *^&hole as well since he may not have noticed, but he wasn't the only dealer in the building. I can't for the life of me understand why a business person would be such a putz in the current economic climate.

Ash

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    wish i could go ...
    the last times i got some
    good stuff cheap
    and the first time i went (1988)
    i got a 4x5 manhatten wizard,
    in mint condition, with a bunch of plate holders
    AND a vintage 8x10 paper box filled with magic lantern slides.
    i found a decent home for the slides, and basically got the camera for free

i love that show!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To make a long story short, not only was the owner of the first dealership an absolute *^&hole, but he was a stupid *^&hole as well since he may not have noticed, but he wasn't the only dealer in the building.
    Yup. There are a few of those, but I've been impressed that most of the photo dealers I meet are just trying to keep it alive. I won't mention him here, but I bet I can picture the first guy you dealt with.

I had to run out early today but it was great to see Eddy Gunks there. Shame he has all that extra equipment... I bet he ends up buying some more while he's here though. He didn't seem to be going cold turkey on the G.A.S.

Anybody in tomorrow, stop by table 14, 15 and 16. I'll be there most of the day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a great time, met some great people, bought a few pounds of lenses, that just couldn't be passed up. Plus some useful stuff too!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin